Welcome to the Monthly Newsletter for June at Chesterbrook Academy, Palm Beach Gardens.
This month ends the school year. On June 4th, we will end the year in celebration. It has been a great year. We have made new friends, kept in touch with the old ones and said good-bye to those leaving for foreign lands.
It has been a great year of achievement, experiences and growth. We look forward to next school year.
School will be closed for Teacher Work Day on June 5th. We will see you on Monday, June 8th as we open our doors to the summer program.
What is happening…..Passport to Adventure for our preschoolers and Camp 15 for elementary students. It truly will be a great mixture of learning and play.
Thank you for your support and see you this summer…..Chesterbrook Academy is the place to be this summer!
Ms. Jen, Principal
Some Summer Reading from our Educational Department:
25 Books to Enjoy with Your Child
– Recommended Reading Adventures for Summer –
Whatever your child’s age, it is important to continue shared reading experiences even during summer. Reading together frequently has been shown to have a profound positive influence on vocabulary acquisition, speech development and listening skills.
Below are some age-appropriate books to read with your child this summer.
• Welcome Summer by Jill Ackerman & Nancy Davis
• Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Rod Campbell
• Splish, Splash, Baby! by Karen Katz
• Llama Llama Sand and Sun by Anna Dewdney
• Baby Loves Summer! By Karen Katz
TODDLERS (ages 1-2)
• Maisy Grows a Garden by Lucy Cousins
• Monkey Ono by J. C. Phillips
• 1, 2 at the Zoo by Sue DiCicco
• Get Happy by Malachy Doyle & Caroline Uff
• The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen & Dan Hanna
BEGINNERS (ages 2-3)
• Flashlight by Lizi Boyd
• I’m a Shark by Bob Shea
• Little Owl’s Day by Divya Srinivasan
• Biscuit Visits the Big City by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
• Island Counting 1, 2, 3 by Frane Lessac
INTERMEDIATES (ages 3-4)
• Mouses’s First Summer by Lauren Thompson
• Curious George Goes to the Beach by H.A. Rey
• Over in the Ocean by Marianne Berkes
• Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae
• The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don Wood
PRE-K/PRE-K 2 (ages 4-5)
• Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
• How to Hide an Octopus by Ruth Heller
• Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation by Stan and Jan Berenstain
• Froggy Goes to Hawaii by Jonathan London
• P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out by Marilyn Sadler
By experiencing a literacy-rich environment, both at school and at home, our students are prepared to become successful, confident readers in elementary school and beyond.
– Lauren Starnes, PhD- Director of Early Childhood Education