A Message from the Principal:
Welcome to October! Fall has arrived, along with many fun activities this month. Please take a look at our October newsletter here to learn more.
Parent Participation Morning:
This month we are hosting a morning for our families to join your student in their classroom. During your class’ scheduled time, your child will show you what they have been working on in the classroom so far, observe and participate in a classroom activity, and have the opportunity to ask your child’s teacher questions and learn about our curriculum throughout the rest of the year.
Infants & Toddlers: Monday, October 12th from 9:30am-10:30am
Beginners & Intermediates: Tuesday, October 13th from 9:30am-10:30am
Pre-K & Pre-K 2: Thursday, October 15th from 9:30am-10:30pm
Chesterbrook Sharing Library:
We are going to be launching our own “take a book, return a book” free book exchange here at our school during the month of October. We will be accepting any book donations (geared toward ages Infant-Pre-K) throughout the month and we hope to have it up and running strong by the beginning of November. Once it is, our families will be able to continually have access to different books and this will continue to promote literacy at home as well as school.
- Parent Participation Morning: 9:30am-10:30am see above for your specific date
- Yankee Candle Fundraiser: October 9th-23rd
- Principal Conference: October 19th-23rd
- Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest: drop off your pumpkins during the week of October 26th
- Fall Festival: October 30th
- We are CLOSED, Wednesday, November 11th for our professional development day.
- Parent’s Night Out: Friday, November 20th
- CLOSED for Thanksgiving: November 26th
- Limit hours available: Friday, November 27th
Fairfax County Public School Closed:
- October 9th
- October 12th
- November 2nd-3rd
If you need your school aged child to attend Chesterbrook for the day, please sign up on their classroom door.
October Article from our Education Department: Exploring Community Helpers & the Roles They Play
Click here to learn more about this month’s education article from Lauren Starnes, PhD – Director of Early Childhood Education.