October 2015 Newsletter
* Hello * Parents of Kingstowne Chesterbrook Academy *
We are delighted to share all we have learned during the month of September! We welcomed many new friends to Chesterbrook Academy and we have enjoyed getting acquainted with one another. We had a blast during our Trike-A-Thon and are grateful to all the families that donated and attended. We are looking forward to the fun fall festivities we have planned during the month of October.
* Trunk – Or – Treat *
* This is our Halloween celebration and we hope you can join us on October 28th *
Trunk-or-Treat is one of our biggest family events we offer all year! This is an opportunity for families to sign up for a parking space and decorate their cars and trunks for safe “trunk-or-treating”. During this event, the kids get to wear their Halloween costumes and we offer dinner, pumpkin painting, and many more exciting activities! This year our Trunk-Or-Treat will be held on Wed. Oct. 28, from 6:30 to 8:30 in the evening. Please sign up on the lobby chalk board if you are interested in signing up for a parking space J If not, no worries, we look forward to you joining us!
* Fun Things Coming Up In October*
October 2 – Yankee Candle Fundraiser Starts
October 5 – Painting with apples!
October 9 and 12 – FCPS are closed, drop in care is available
October 12-16 – Scholastic Book Fair
October 14 – Classroom pumpkin carving
October 16 – Yankee Candle Fundraiser orders are due
October 26 – Pajama day
October 28 – Trunk-Or-Treat 6:30-8:30pm, All are welcome!
October 30 – Wear black and orange day
* Notes From The Office *
* Drop In Days: On days that Fairfax County Public Schools are closed and Chesterbrook Academy is open, we offer drop in care for school aged children. Please see up front for sign up and fees associated with drop in care.
* Cubby & Nap Time Items: Please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have proper attire for extra clothing. Additionally, please ensure you are sending a top and bottom cover, labeled with your child’s name – in for nap time on Monday mornings.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with administration up front. We look forward to a fun month of October activities!
* The CBA Teaching Staff & Administration Team *