November is the month of my favorite holiday of all: Thanksgiving! Yes, I do absolutely love all of the delicious food that we get to chow down on for the big day, but what I truly enjoy is taking a few weeks to share gratitude for all of the wonderful things in my life. I also love to hear others – especially our students – talking about what means a lot to them. Being thankful is a simple concept that takes no time at all, and it’s so rewarding to see that idea established in children at such a young age. Children who show gratitude grow into community helpers, ambitious leaders, and super citizens of the world. I know that we have several of those standing right before us.
For me personally, there is much to be thankful for this year. One of the most important things is YOU – our fabulous Chesterbrook Academy families. It is just about one year ago this month that I transferred here to our Philadelphia school, and I am so grateful for the experience in getting to know and working with you and your children. You welcomed me with open arms, supported me through the transition, and helped to make the last school year and summer camp season extra special! All of your feedback has helped me to grow professionally, and I hope you know how grateful I am to have you on this journey. Thank you always!
Click here to download a printable copy of this month’s Lunch & Events Calendars. Hard copies are also available at the front desk. Please check the whiteboard in the front lobby for a heads up when a spirit day is approaching. Don’t forget that up-to-date information is also available via our school website at any time.
- SCHOOL CLOSED – Wednesday, November 11th & Thursday, November 26th – Please note that Chesterbrook Academy will be closed on Wednesday, November 11th for Teacher In-Service. The school will reopen for normal business hours on Thursday, November 12th. Chesterbrook Academy will also be closed on Thursday, November 26th in observance of Thanksgiving, and will reopen for normal business hours on Black Friday.
- CHESTERBROOK ELECTION DAY – Tuesday, November 3rd – Our Kindergarten students have selected a topic that they need YOUR help voting on! Stop by our front lobby to cast your vote in our Chesterbrook ballot box. Kindergarten will tally up the votes using their master math skills and announce the results later in the week.
- PRE-K & KINDERGARDEN WINTER COAT DRIVE – Weeks of November 9th & 16th – Our Pre-K & Kindergarten students are teaming up to collect new and used coats of all sizes from Monday, November 9th through Friday, November 20th. The students will be fully managing this community service project by creating posters, counting the donated coats, and preparing the coats for delivery.
- LIFETOUCH HOLIDAY PICTURE NIGHT – Thursday, November 12th – Our friends from Lifetouch will be here from 5:00-7:30pm to take beautiful holiday portraits of your children and/or family. This is a simple and convenient way to get family portraits for your holiday greeting cards or to display in your home. Photo sessions will be by appointment only. A sign-up sheet is available now at the front desk. Reserve your photo session today!
- THANKSGIVING FAMILY FEAST – Tuesday, November 24th – Join us during your child’s lunch hour for a special turkey meal with his/her class! Celebrate Thanksgiving Chesterbrook-style with a delicious feast, courtesy of our wonderful Miss Sharon! We will also be taking dessert donations from you – our families – to top off our festivities just right. More info and a sign-up sheet to come soon.
- BLACK FRIDAY – SCHOOL OPEN! – Friday, November 27th – Please note that Chesterbrook Academy will be open for normal business hours on Black Friday to provide care for your child(ren) during your holiday shopping adventures. Get a few hours of worry-free shopping in while the kids enjoy fun activities with their favorite teachers. As a reminder for Kindergarten families, Black Friday is a non-academic day.
As always, please reach out with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support of Chesterbrook Academy of Philadelphia!