April 2016 * School Newsletter
We are delighted to share all we have learned during the month of March. We enjoyed celebrating some family time, participating in our Spring Egg Hunt, and celebrating St. Patrick’s Day! We are looking forward to the fun festivities we have planned during the month of April.
* Week of the Young Child *
Week of the Young Child will be held from April 11-15. This is a wonderful week and we celebrate the importance of education for young children. We will be having different themed activities each day, please see the schedule below. This week we will also be collecting recyclable materials to create class robots the following week. Lastly, we will hosting a ladybug release party on Earth Day (April 22) at 10am and all are invited to join us! We are looking forward to a fun filled week!
* Fun Things Coming Up In April *
April 1 – April Fool’s Day!
April 11-15 – Week of the Young Child
Monday: Music Day
Tuesday: Healthy Day (Ants on a Log!)
Wednesday: Puzzle Day
Thursday: Art Day
Friday: Family Vacation Show & Share
April 18 – Making Recyclable Robots!
April 20 – Wear Blue and Green Day
April 22 – School Age Drop In Care Available & Ladybug Release Party (10am)
April 28 – Picture Day (Infants, Toddlers, Beginners, and all Sibling Photos)
April 29 – Picture Day (Intermediates, Pre-K 1 and 2, and Kindergarten)
* Notes From The Office *
* Picture Day: Picture Day will be on Thursday, April 28th and Friday, April 29th. Please refer to the schedule listed above and note all sibling photos (as well as each sibling child’s individual photo) will be taken on Thursday. Also, class photos will be taken on the assigned day for each class.
* Summer Camp & Registration: We are currently registering current and new students for summer and next school year. If you have not had a chance to do so, please stop by the front desk for additional registration information. We hope to see everyone joining us again!
* Spare Clothes and Sunscreen: The weather is getting warmer and we are so excited to be able to go outside for activities! Please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have two sets of appropriate spare clothing. Also, please check with the teachers that your child has current sunscreen at school with the appropriate form for application.
* Drop In Day: FCPS are closed on Friday, April 22nd. We will be offering school age drop in care on this day. Please sign your child up if you are interested in having them attend on this day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with administration up front. We look forward to a fun month of April activities!
* The CBA Teaching Staff & Administration Team *