Dear Chesterbrook Families:
Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year! We are looking forward to a great year ahead filled with learning and laughter. September is always a busy month for families both new and old. Everyone is adjusting to new routines and schedules, and juggling many other family activities as well, and as a result, we will be adjusting our staffing to accommodate the needs of the school during the morning and afternoon drop-offs and pick-ups. It may take a few weeks for everyone to get into a routine and we appreciate your understanding as we make adjustments to best meet those needs.
Please be sure to visit our website periodically to become familiar with some of the resources and information available to you. You can find forms that you may need to update information, our monthly menu and newsletter, school closing/delay information, as well as a calendar of important dates and events at our school. There are several important dates in the month of September worth noting: Grandparents Day Celebration on Friday, September 9th at 3pm, our Back to School Night will take place on Wednesday, September 21st from 6:15-7:30pm, and Picture Days on Thursday, 9/22 and Friday, 9/23. We also send out reminder e-notifications via Links2Home email. Please be sure we have your current email address in our system to receive important communications and reminders.
Our extracurricular activities will begin the week of September 6th and will include Jr. Gym Gymnastics & Sports Fundamentals on Wednesday afternoons, and Soccer Shots, tentatively scheduled for Thursday afternoons (beginning later in the month). We will also be offering the Little People Children’s Creative Workshop designed for children to experience music, dance, theatre, and physical fitness. Forms are available at the front desk for those interested in signing their children up for these classes. Many of our students participate and enjoy in these enrichment activities.
With the start of a new school year, it can be challenging to remember all of the things, we as parents need to do. Here are a few important reminders to be aware of:
- Tuition is due on Friday for the upcoming week. Let us help make life a little easier, and save you from writing checks by signing up for the Automatic Payment program. We have forms available at the front desk for those interested.
- Please sign your child in and out each day at the front desk. If you are not sure what to do or where to look, please do not hesitate to ask.
- Please do not hold the door open for individuals you do not know or recognize. Anyone who is supposed to be here will understand and thank you for it!
- Check your child’s Family Folder/mailbox at the end of each day for important notes and information coming home.
- Our two in-service days of the year are on Election Day (11/8/16 – Tuesday!) and President’s Day (2/15/17). Our school will be closed on these dates for our staff to attend required training.
- Tune into 6ABC.com or Channel 6 News for information on school closings and delays. Please refer to the For Parent and Teachers below as well for further details.
- All children are required to have an updated and current physical on file. Children up to the age of 2 years are required to have an updated Health Assessment Form completed at each well visit. Children 2 years of age and older are required annually. Forms are available at the front desk and on our school website under Forms and Policies.
- Enrollment paperwork will be required to be updated periodically to remain in compliance with our state regulations and licensing. Be aware of information coming home of forms that need to be updated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation to make sure that we meet and exceed the requirements.
In addition to all the efforts we are making to ensure a year of tremendous growth for the children, we are striving to make life easier for parents! We encourage you to check out our school website for updates. On this site you will find our school calendar, menus, newsletter and more. Please bookmark the address at www.newbritain.chesterbrookacademy.com . You may also choose to download the Links2Home app to check-in on your child’s day. The app is powered by Tadpoles and gives parents the ability to easily view photos, notes and daily reports from teachers, as well as the ability to easily notify us of special drop-off information or absences. All enrolled families will receive an emailed Daily Report upon their child’s departure for the day.
Feel free to contact me with any questions or feedback as we strive to continuously improve our communications with you, our valued families. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to helping your child grow and learn with us!
Best wishes for a happy and educational year ahead!