As the saying goes, “A change is gonna come.” Fall is one of my favorite seasons because I love watching the children discover new things happening right before their eyes. They come in and talk about the cool and breezy weather, the new color of the leaves, and the way it’s getting darker at afternoon pick-up each day. From an educator’s perspective, fall is also the season that symbolizes a new beginning, as the school year has kicked off and gone into full swing. The rush of trying to transition into new routines is over, and now we can all settle down and really enjoy all there is to love about being in preschool!
This month, challenge yourself to change in a positive way as a parent and member of the Chesterbrook Academy community. Get to know a teacher that you haven’t had the chance to talk with before. Meet a family from your child’s class at a school event. Provide a comment or suggestion to the teachers and/or myself if you haven’t spoken up previously. The important thing to remember is that change doesn’t have to be overwhelming – it can be exciting and fun! Make your change this month a stepping stone to a more enjoyable Chesterbrook experience. We promise to do the same!
Click here to download a printable copy of this month’s Lunch & Events Calendars. Hard copies are also available at the front desk. Please check the whiteboard in the front lobby for a heads up when a spirit day is approaching. Don’t forget that up-to-date information is also available via our school website at any time.
Here’s a quick look at the many things to come this month:
- FALL PICTURE DAYS – Thursday, October 6th & Friday, October 7th – Our photographer friends from Lifetouch will be here all morning on October 6th (Beginner B – Kindergarten) and October 7th (Infant A – Beginner A) to take back-to-school photos of our students. Everyone should plan to come dressed to impress! If your child does not normally attend school on his/her class’ designated photo day, feel free to plan for a make-up session on the other photo day.
- FLYERS FRIDAY – Friday, October 14th – Hockey season is here, and our Philadelphia Flyers are about to dominate the 2016-2017 season! Not a Flyers fan? That’s okay – you’ll have to show us who it is you root for! Show your spirit for the Flyers or your favorite NHL team by coming dressed in t-shirts, jerseys, hats, and more!
- PRE-K & KINDERGARTEN FALL FIELD TRIP – Wednesday, October 19th – Our Pre-K and Kindergarten classes will venture out to explore Indian Acres Tree Farm! The students will enjoy pumpkin picking and a special exhibit on farm life from Indian Acres farmers. More details and a permission slip to come.
- HALLOWEEN PARADE – Monday, October 31st – Join us at 3:30pm for this Chesterbrook Halloween tradition! The children will march around to show off their cool costumes for the big day! Your child will then be ready to go out for a night of trick-or-treating right from school! More details to come.
- PAJAMA DAY – Thursday, October 27th – Our #1 spirit celebration! Show off your favorite comfy, cozy sleepwear for our monthly Pajama Day!
A Note from our Education Department
As always, please reach out with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support of Chesterbrook Academy of Philadelphia!