Fall News from Chesterbrook Academy
From the Principal’s Office:
It is starting to feel a lot more like fall outside! There are so many fun family activities out there to do in the fall. It is by far my favorite season! I enjoy going to pumpkin farms, and playing outside in the leaves. As our leaves start to fall form the trees around our school, the students will also be able to play in them when they are outside. Make sure your child has a coat at school because it can get quite chilly in the mornings or later in the afternoon. We have a variety of fun activities planned for this school year. Please check out our ‘Upcoming Events’ section so you can mark those dates on your calendars.
- October 9th -October 23rd – Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- October 13th – Picture Day (for all students)
- October 23rd– 26th – Pumpkin Decorating Contest: New this year we are having a pumpkin decorating contest! This contest will be open to any family that would like to participate! A ticket entry is $5 and must be paid with cash. The winner will receive 50% of money that is raised, and they will also receive $50 off one week of tuition. Only one entry per family. You will need to sign up at the front desk if you would like to participate. The theme for this year’s pumpkin contest is literacy based! For example, you could turn your pumpkin into a character from your child’s favorite book. All pumpkins will need to be set up on the tables in the hallway by Friday, October 20th. This will give us time to display al of the pumpkins and have them ready for voting. Be creative and have fun, and let yours kids help you too! You will have the opportunity to vote for your favorite pumpkin all week long by casting your vote at the front desk in the container. We will announce the winner Friday afternoon, and the winning pumpkin will be displayed at the front desk during Trunk N’ Treat!
- October 27th – Trunk N’ Treat- We have a sign-up sheet at the front desk if you are interested in either donating candy, or if you are interested decorating your car and participating in the event. It will be from 5:30-7:00pm. There will also be a chili dinner for you to enjoy after Trunk-n Treat.
- October 31st – All classroom Halloween parties and Parade. The parties will be held in the classrooms in the morning. , and then the parade will begin at 3:30pm. We encourage parents to attend if you are able to do so. The students will parade around the school, and then weather permitting; we will parade over to the library. Parents are welcome to join the parade when we walk over to the library for younger students.
- Open House for New Families to Tour on Saturday, November 4th from 10:00am to 1:00pm
- November 10th: Closed for Teacher In-Service
- November 17th: Family Thanksgiving Feast(all parents invited)
- November 20th– Thanksgiving Luncheon- All parents are invited to attend. The feast will begin at 11:00am
Become a Chesterbrook Ambassador!
If you refer a family to any Chesterbrook Academy school, you will receive a free week of tuition off of your oldest child’s tuition. There is no limit to the number of families you refer. Note: The referred family must be full-time student and enrolled for 90 days before the free week of tuition can be applied. If the referral is for a part time student you will receive one hundred dollars off your child’s tuition.
Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School
Please take a moment each month to view what is new and exciting at our Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School website at: http://naperville.chesterbrookacademy.com. You can learn more about all the specialty teachers under the Parent tab or enjoy reading the elementary newsletter.