We sure are having fun this summer, but as usual, it is going by way too fast. In just over two short weeks we will begin our 2018/2019 school year journey.
We are very excited about the many new families joining our school community and appreciate the commitment and trust our long term families have shown us over the years. Our graduating students are well prepared for what lies ahead in their educational journey, and we look forward to hearing about all their success in Kindergarten. Chesterbrook Academy is truly the place to be if you want your child prepared for Kindergarten. Our Links to Learning curriculum is meeting each child’s needs, and our teachers are implementing it beautifully!
Traditionally, quite a bit of information is sent home during the beginning of the school year regarding school policies, schedules, tuition obligations, security, attendance, upcoming events, and more. Please be sure to collect any information that is in the lobby, or in your child’s classroom file or cubby. During the school year, parent information will be updated regularly on our school website as well as through our Links 2 Home daily email communication. Our mission is to keep you connected with all that is going on in your child’s classroom and school community.
Together, we embark on yet another year of learning fun! Thank you for choosing Chesterbrook Academy for your child’s early education.
Kim Hage, Acting Principal
2018/2019 School Year
August 15, 2018 – June 4, 2019
- Per State requirements, VPK student attendance is mandatory. Absences will require a doctor’s note. Children who are not attending on a regular basis may be subject to dis-enrollment. Our program is in demand. We currently have many families who would like to transfer to our school if space becomes available.
- VPK classes are required to begin at 9:00 am SHARP! VPK instruction is only 3 hours a day and teachers need to start their daily routines on time. Please be sure to have your child ready to join the class a few minutes before the day begins.
- Drop-off is not an ideal time to chat with your child’s teacher. Please schedule a specific time to meet if you would like to discuss your child’s progress or any concerns you may have.
- VPK dismissal is at 12:00 pm SHARP! Please be sure to pick up your child within 5 minutes of dismissal time. Instruction must resume for full-time students and teachers need to follow their daily schedule directly following VPK. Chronic late pick-ups are subject to late fees and or dis-enrollment
Thank you for your support!
VPK ONLY (AM) – 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Classroom doors open at 8:50 am
ALL VPK ONLY STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING DISMISSAL TIME.
FULL-TIME VPK students are permitted to attend between the hours of 7:00 am & 6:30 pm
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3rd
A Powerful Connection to a Lifetime of Learning
Your children experience the perfect balance of learning and play in a safe, nurturing environment. Our Links to Learning (LTL) curriculum prepares them for kindergarten by introducing concepts in reading, math, art, music and much more. You will receive progress updates, as well as ideas to continue learning at home.
Links 2 Home
You can expect to receive daily communication and pictures via email through our Links 2 Home program. And, we also encourage you to take a few moments each week to review your child’s classroom Links to Learning “Parent Board,” so you can “Link” to your child’s early education experiences. Posted are “Weekly Skills,” “Lesson Plan,” “Daily Schedule,” “Monthly Spanish” and “Learning Outcomes.”
The purpose of our sick policy is to reduce the spread of illness among our students and to encourage full recuperation of sick children before they return to school. We depend on parents to assist us in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our children.
Children may be sent home if they have any concerning symptoms. Also, a child must be free of all of these symptoms for at least 24 hours before he/she can return to school. These symptoms include:
- A Fever of 100 degrees or more
- Vomiting within the previous 24-hour period
- Diarrhea within the previous 24-hour period
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior and not himself/ herself
Following an illness, a child may return to school once he/she has either been seen by a doctor or it has been determined that illness is not contagious. (A doctor’s clearance may be requested.) Please help us keep all of our children healthy by following these rules. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your support!
TUITION: Tuition is due the 1st business day of every month. Accounts not paid in full by 12:00 pm the fifth business day of every month will automatically receive a late fee of $25. If tuition is not paid in full by the 7th business day of each month, your child may not attend until the balance is paid in its entirety. Failure to comply with tuition policies will result in a notice of dis-enrollment. If you’d like to sign up for our ACH program, which automatically pulls your monthly tuition from the account of your choice the 1st business day of every month, just let us know, and we will help get you enrolled.
ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS FEES: If your child is signed up to attend a specific enrichment program, the monthly fee must be paid in full the first week of every month, or your child may not attend the second week. Please understand, we are obligated to pay our physical fitness vendors promptly for their services. Credits will not be issued for missed classes due to absence or non-payment.
CATERED LUNCH PROGRAM ADVANCE ORDERING REQUIRED Monthly lunch order forms are available two weeks before each new month. Please be sure to turn your lunch order in with payment no later than the posted deadline. Late orders may not be honored. Pizza Friday orders for the entire month must also be turned in by the deadline. Ordering lunch is an optional service. You may also send lunch from home.