A Message from the Principal:
by Kelly Conner
“I wiggle my left hand, I wiggle my right,
Inside of my mittens. So warm and so tight!
I wiggle my pinkie, I wiggle my thumb,
So when I make snowballs, My hands won’t get numb.
Dear Chesterbrook Academy Families,
DECEMBER is here! And with it, a parade of Holiday celebrations are coming our way. We wish everybody a safe and enjoyable time with your family and friends. This is the time of the year to be joyful, thankful and to count all the blessings we have in our lives. Once again, we are holding our Gift Card Collection for the Olney Help Foundation from November 26th until December 7th to help young children celebrate a happy holiday season. We will place a clear container in the front office to collect them. We would like to Thank YOU in advance for all your support throughout this year and for extending a hand to help our community.
This month we are filled with great holiday learning experiences and learning opportunities. Ask us about our Winter Gap Camp!
Last but not least, a friendly reminder that the weather is getting cooler. Please make sure your child has appropriate outside wear along with a seasonal change of clothing (please check the size as they might have grow a few inches within the last six months, including closed toe shoes). We want each student to enjoy the cooler weather this fall/winter and the fresh air. We are going to remain inside if the temperature is lower than 32 degrees.
- Monday, December 24th – limited hours, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 25th – CBA CLOSED in observance of “Christmas Day”
- Monday, December 31st – limited hours, 6:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m
- Tuesday, January 1st – CBA CLOSED in observance of “New Years”
As always, thank you for partnering with us for the academic growth and overall success of your child. It is our goal that they do their very best each and every day
Milagros Morales, Principal
Shelly Poe, Administrative Assistant
From our Education Department:
Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs:
Open Enrollments for Ongoing Enrichment Programs:
- Zany Brainy Science – MONDAYS ! Children will explore the physical world in which they live and make their own scientific discoveries.
- Music and Movement– TUESDAYS ! The children joyfully will share songs, rhymes, play instruments and more! M&M October Newsletter
- Kyle’s Karate – WEDNESDAYS ! Karate Program. Kyle’s Karate offers classes where children are going to get engaged in a safe, and fun way. Teaching basic skills with absolutely no student-on-student contact, Kyle’s Karate will develop your child’s confidence, hand-eye coordination, and concentration. Your child will gain improved motor skills, balance and focus through physical activity in the form of exciting martial arts. Respect and listening skills round our the comprehensive program. Includes uniform and Belt Promotion Ceremony. Sessions 1-2 – Class Schedule and Session 3 – Class Schedule
- Little Dancers – 2018-19 – Fall Registration – THURSDAYS ! Ballet Lessons. Engage in the art of dance that tells a story. Children learn to express themselves with music, and other benefits such as improved posture, flexibility, coordination, strength and grace. 2018-19 – Fall Schedule
- Excite Soccer– FRIDAYS ! Soccer lessons. Students will be encouraged to develop their mental, physical, and social abilities through creative soccer games and other activities taught by highly experienced staff for over thirteen years.
Communication – We invite you to please check your child’s folder or cubby daily for any updates or important information.
EOM – End Of Month Folders go home the last week of every month to share all the fun activities your child did for the month and to share information regarding the upcoming month. Please do not forget to bring the folder back to be refilled for the upcoming month (please return folder empty to the teacher). Thank you!
Cubby Items – Please keep an appropriate extra change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times including socks. Please, NO toys! (Nap time loves OK!)
Sign in/out – Please sign in/out your children when dropping them off and picking them up.
Hours/Days of Operation: Regular hours of operation are 6:30 am – 6:30 pm weekdays. There is a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute after the regularly scheduled pick-up time. We are closed on the following legal holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, limited service the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we will be closed the Friday before or the Monday after the holiday. Please refer to the school calendar for additional school closings and early dismissals.
Tax Statements: If you need a tax statement, you can download it from our parent portal ALMA. If you have any difficulties, please email Ms. Mila at Mila.Morales@nlcinc.com, and Ms. Shelly at Shelly.Poe@nlcinc.com. This statement will include the total year expenses paid and tax identification number.
Parent Referral: All parents want the very best education possible for their child. If you think your family has that, spread the word and become a Chesterbrook Academy Ambassador!
If there’s one thing parents love to do, it’s talk about their children’s successes. Whatever glowing reports you deliver about how your child is growing with his or her education, we couldn’t be more appreciative. In fact we’d like to show you just how thankful we are for your endorsements. Now when you tell other parents about our school, you can become a Chesterbrook Academy Ambassador.
For every new child you refer who enrolls at our school for six months, you’ll receive an Ambassador Certificate for a FREE week of tuition for your child. It’s our way of saying thanks for doing what comes naturally – singing the praises of your child and sharing your experiences with the Chesterbrook Academy difference. Parent Referral Certificates
Weather Alerts: Please read our inclement weather policy Inclement Weather Policy. For weather related closures you can:
- Visit our website at olney.chesterbrookacademy.com
- Call the school and listen to the voicemail – 301-924-5919
- Check your email for direct updates
- We do NOT follow the MCPS nor the federal government, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building. Please make sure make sure there is a staff present in the building before entering.
Drop-In Care for School-Age and Full Day students:
If your child is enrolled in our AM/PM Care programs and you need a drop-in day, the fee is $45.00 per child, per day.
If your child is enrolled in our Full Day Preschool Program – Part Time – and you need a drop-in day, the fee is $60.00 per child, per day.
Any family that is not currently enrolled but registered for the school year and need a drop-in care, the fee is $60.00 per child, per day.
For more information please download FAQ School Age Families
Illness Policy – Please review the following symptoms when debating if you should keep your child at home. The following symptoms will prevent your child from attending CBA until 24 hours symptom free:
- 100 degree fever
- Heavy Nasal Discharge
- Constant Cough or Sore Throat
- Unidentifiable Skin Rash
- Head Lice
- Communicable Disease (i.e. strep throat, bronchitis, influenza)
- Pink Eye/Conjunctivitis
If your child displays any of these symptoms while at school we will call you in order to pick them up. If your child displays these symptoms at home please contact us to let us know that your child will not be attending for the day so we can notify their teacher.
Forms if needed
Parking Lot Requests
Drive safely in the parking lot PLEASE! And please be sure NOT to park in the fire lane or in front of the building. This is a fire violation and also an obstruction to others and can be very dangerous! The same applies to our handicapped spaces.
Please enter by the front of the building and exit by the pool side, this will create a nice flow of traffic. If there are parking spaces available, please use them! Thank you! We are also asking that all parents please enter and exit the building through the front door. Please do not use the playground gates. It is important that we are able to monitor parents and children leaving the building as well as remembering to sign your child in and out. We would also like to ask that all parents please drive slowly into the lot to avoid hitting other cars, children or parents during drop off and pick up. Lastly, we do ask that you please turn your car off when coming into the building. Thank you!
We would like to remind our families that we are a PEANUT AND NUT FREE SCHOOL. We have many children with severe nut allergies. Please make sure to talk to your child’s teachers before bringing any special treats including field trips.
Toys from home are NOT permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day. CBA is NOT responsible for toys that are brought from home that can get lost, broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
SPIRIT OUTWEAR – We offer school apparel, if you are interested in getting some School spirit Gear… log in to our school store at http://olneycb825.qbstores.com
Please remember that the tuition is due the Friday prior to the week of service. Tuition which is not received by Tuesday at noon will automatically have a $25 late charge applied.
ALMA: The Alma portal will allow you to manage your account quickly and easily online. Functions include the ability to:
- Pay tuition and other school-related expenses
- Manage payment methods
- Set up automatic payments
- Update your contact information
- Manage your child’s authorized pick-up individuals
- View/print account statements
Vacation and Schedule Requests: Two Weeks Written Notice is required to request your free week vacation after six (6) full months of enrollment (1 vacation week per School Year), and Four Weeks Notice for any schedule changes. Vacation Request Form
Referral Program: How easy is it to receive a free week’s tuition? Just refer a family and after 90 days of enrollment you earn a FREE week! Parent Referral Certificates
Change of Schedules: Per our policy we require four week’s notice to any changes in your child’s schedule, please refer to our Tuition Agreement Policy signed upon enrollment.