A Message from the Principal:
Have you ever wonder where the “April showers bring May flowers” phrase may have come from? The phrase “April Showers Bring May Flowers” goes all the way back to the mid 16th century. A poet and farmer named Thomas Tusser wrote the book A Hundred Good Points of Husbandry and in April Section, the following poem was written: “Sweet April showers do Spring May flowers.” Patience through the most unpleasant times, like April showers, will eventually lead to beauty, like May flowers, is what he meant. As our language changed, so did how we said this old proverb, but the meaning never changed. So just remember this on those rainy Spring days. (Envirokids’ Club)
A friendly reminder that the weather is changing, cooler/warmer. Please make sure your child has appropriate outside wear along with a seasonal change of clothing (please check the size as they might have grow a few inches within the last six months). We want each student to enjoy the cooler weather this fall/winter and the fresh air. We are going to remain inside if the temperature is lower than 32 degrees.
Summer and Fall Enrollments are OPEN! Call us at 301-924-5919 for more information.
For more information regarding upcoming events please visit our Monthly Calendar.
- Wednesday, April 3rd – MCPS Early Release Day, Drop-in Available for School-Age Students
- Monday, April 8th – Week Of The Young Child
- Thursday, April 11th – Picture Days, Rooms 1, 2, 3 and Tue/Thr Families
- Friday, April 12th – Picture Days, Rooms 4 and 5 and every body who missed it
- Friday, April 12th – Excite Soccer Starts!
- Wednesday, April 17th – Monday April 22nd – MCPS CLOSED for Spring Break – Drop-in Available for School-Age Families
- Friday, April 19th – CBA Classroom Egg Hunts
- Monday, April 22nd – Rooms 4 and 5 – Field Trip to Brooke Grove Retirement Village “Special Egg Hunt”
- Tuesday, April 23rd – Lady Bug Release @11:00am
- Thursday, April 25th – Fire Drill
- More to come…
- Week of May 6th – Teacher Appreciation Week
- Monday, May 27th – CBA CLOSED in observance of Memorial Day
- Thursday, June 6th – “Little Dancers” Ballet recital @4:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 7th – CELEBRATION OF LEARNING – Room 4 @10:00 a.m., and Room 5 @12:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 7th – CELEBRATION OF LEARNING – Rooms 1, 2, 3 at 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, June 14th – Last Day of School Year
- Monday, June 17th – First Day of Summer Camp!
As always, thank you for partnering with us for the academic growth and overall success of your child. It is our goal that they do their very best each and every day.
Milagros Morales, Principal
Shelly Poe, Administrative Assistant
From Our Education Department
Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs:
Open Enrollments for ongoing Enrichment Programs
Chesterbrook Academy at Olney offers a variety of optional extra curriculum enrichment programs that your child can participate in throughout the school year and summer camp. These programs are taught by outside instructors who specialize in the activity at hand, and are a great opportunity to allow your child to explore his/her interests without the hassle of having to drive to other locations after a long day of work; you can join in at any time.
- Zany Brainy Science – MONDAYS ! Children will explore the physical world in which they live and make their own scientific discoveries.
- Kyles Karate– WEDNESDAYS ! Karate Program. Kyle’s Karate offers classes where children are going to get engaged in a safe, and fun way. Teaching basic skills with absolutely no student-on-student contact, Kyle’s Karate will develop your child’s confidence, hand-eye coordination, and concentration. Your child will gain improved motor skills, balance and focus through physical activity in the form of exciting martial arts. Respect and listening skills round our the comprehensive program. Includes uniform and Belt Promotion Ceremony.
- Little Dancers – THURSDAYS ! Ballet Lessons. Engage in the art of dance that tells a story. Children learn to express themselves with music, and other benefits such as improved posture, flexibility, coordination, strength and grace.
- Excite Soccer – SPRING 2018– FRIDAYS ! Soccer lessons. Students will be encouraged to develop their mental, physical, and social abilities through creative soccer games and other activities taught by highly experienced staff for over thirteen years.
Communication – We invite you to please check your child’s folder or cubby daily for any updates or important information.
EOM – End Of Month Folders go home the last week of every month to share all the fun activities your child did for the month and to share information regarding the upcoming month. Please do not forget to bring the folder back to be refilled for the upcoming month (please return folder empty to the teacher). Thank you!
Cubby Items – Please keep an appropriate extra change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times including socks. Please, NO toys! (Nap time loves OK!)
Sign in/out – Please sign in/out your children on the iPad tablet up front when dropping them off and picking them up.
To get Chesterbrook Academy attire, please visit us at http://olneycb825.qbstores.com
Hours/Days of Operation: Regular hours of operation are 6:30 am – 6:30 pm weekdays. There is a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute after the regularly scheduled pick-up time. We are closed on the following legal holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, limited service the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we will be closed the Friday before or the Monday after the holiday. Please refer to the school calendar for additional school closings and early dismissals.
Tax Statements: If you need a tax statement, please email Ms. Mila at Mila.Morales@nlcinc.com, and Ms. Shelly at Shelly.Poe@nlcinc.com. This statement will include the total year expenses paid and tax identification number.
Parent Referral: All parents want the very best education possible for their child. If you think your family has that, spread the word and become a Chesterbrook Academy Ambassador!
If there’s one thing parents love to do, it’s talk about their children’s successes. Whatever glowing reports you deliver about how your child is growing with his or her education, we couldn’t be more appreciative. In fact we’d like to show you just how thankful we are for your endorsements. Now when you tell other parents about our school, you can become a Chesterbrook Academy Ambassador.
For every new child you refer who enrolls at our school for six months, you’ll receive an Ambassador Certificate for a FREE week of tuition for your child. It’s our way of saying thanks for doing what comes naturally – singing the praises of your child and sharing your experiences with the Chesterbrook Academy difference.
Weather Alerts: Please read our inclement weather policy. For weather related closures you can:
- Visit our website at olney.chesterbrookacademy.com
- Call the school and listen to the voicemail – 301-924-5919
- Check your email for direct updates
- We do NOT follow the MCPS nor the federal government, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building. Please make sure make sure there is a staff present in the building before entering.
Drop-In Care for School-Age and Full Day students:
If your child is enrolled in our AM/PM Care programs and you need a drop-in day, the fee is $45.00 per child, per day.
If your child is enrolled in our Full Day Preschool Program – Part Time – and you need a drop-in day, the fee is $60.00 per child, per day.
Any family that is not currently enrolled but registered for the school year and need a drop-in care, the fee is $60.00 per child, per day.
Illness Policy – Please review the following symptoms when debating if you should keep your child at home. The following symptoms will prevent your child from attending CBA until 24 hours symptom free:
- 100 degree fever
- Heavy Nasal Discharge
- Constant Cough or Sore Throat
- Unidentifiable Skin Rash
- Head Lice
- Communicable Disease (i.e. strep throat, bronchitis, influenza)
- Pink Eye/Conjunctivitis
If your child displays any of these symptoms while at school we will call you in order to pick them up. If your child displays these symptoms at home please contact us to let us know that your child will not be attending for the day so we can notify their teacher.
Forms if needed
- Emergency Form
- Health Inventory Part I and Part II and Lead Test
- Immunization Certificate
- Medication Authorization Form CBA
Parking Lot Requests
Drive safely in the parking lot PLEASE! And please be sure NOT to park in the fire lane or in front of the building, this is a fire violation and also an obstruction to others and can be very dangerous; the same applies to our handicapped spaces. We would also like to ask that all parents please drive slowly when entering and leaving the lot to avoid hitting other cars, children or parents during drop off and pick up times.
Please enter by the front of the building and exit by the pool side, this will create a nice flow of traffic. If there are parking spaces available, please use them. Thank you! We are also asking that all parents please enter and exit the building through the front door. Please do not use the playground gates. It is important that we are able to monitor parents and children leaving the building as well as remembering to sign your child in and out. On the same note, if you have an infant or a younger child in your care, please Do Not leave them in the car, call us and we will help you. Lastly, we do ask that you please turn off your car when coming into the building. Thank you!
We would like to remind our families that we are a PEANUT AND NUT FREE SCHOOL. We have many children with severe nut allergies. Please make sure to talk to your child’s teachers before bringing any special treats including field trips.
Toys from home are NOT permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day. CBA is NOT responsible for toys that are brought from home that can get lost, broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
SPIRIT OUTWEAR – We offer school apparel, if you are interested in getting some School spirit Gear… log in to our school store at http://olneycb825.qbstores.com
Please remember that the tuition is due the Friday prior to the week of service. Tuition which is not received by Tuesday at noon will automatically have a $25 late charge applied.
Auto Payment: Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Vacation and Schedule Requests: Two Weeks Written Notice is required to request your free week vacation after six (6) full months of enrollment (1 vacation week per School Year), and Four Weeks Notice for any schedule changes. Vacation Request Form
Referral Program: How easy is it to receive a free week’s tuition? Just refer a family and after 90 days of enrollment you earn a FREE week! Parent Referral Certificates
Change of Schedules: Per our policy we require four week’s notice to any changes in your child’s schedule, please refer to our Tuition Agreement Policy signed upon enrollment.