Note From Our Principal
For the past few months our teachers and camp counselors have been busy planning special activities to make this summer fun and memorable. This month marks the beginning of our Connect to Summer curriculum enhancement camp for our preschoolers, and our Summer of Discovery full-time camp program for our school-agers. These programs feature activities that support learning outcomes aligning with your child’s developmental level. Please keep an eye out for special communications about activities and events, and about how you can support your child’s learning at home. As always, we are here with any questions or concerns you may have. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Links 2 Home App Usage
We know that summer is a busy time for our families and want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows you to communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read teacher and administrative notes in detail. For our school-age families, using the Links 2 Home app is essential to ensuring you’re always in the know about field trips and other camp news.
If you’re not a current app user, we encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for Alma. Please let us know if you have issues logging into Links 2 Home!
Summer Cubby Clean-ups
Our students love spending time outdoors and we want to make sure we take ample advantage of the summer weather before it gets too hot. If your child is in the Toddler classroom and up, please make sure they always have the following items in their cubby:
Change of clothes
We have several water play days planned for our students this summer and can’t wait for your child to participate!
On splash days Classrooms 1, 2, 7, & 8:
Children should come to school in their swimsuit (with swim diaper where applicable), a towel and a change of dry clothes, with sunscreen and bug spray already applied.
Water day schedule for rooms: 1, 2, 7 & 8
Tuesday: Classrooms 7 & 8 beginning June 11th
Thursday: Classrooms 7 & 8
Friday: Classrooms 1 & 2 beginning June 7th
School Age Children June Swim Days: Classroom: 13
June 11th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 20th, 25th, 27th, and 28th
Preschool June Swim Days: Classrooms 9, 10, and 12
7th, 10th, 12, 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th and 26th
Swim Lessons: Begin June 11th on Tuesdays and Thursday. ***Lessons will Start at noon. If you miss a lesson you may not be able to make it up on another day due to group sizes and the scheduled times. Please send the children to school already in swim attire, sunscreen, and bug spray. Also, don’t forget to bring a towel and change of clothing and ensure that everything is properly labeled.
2. Maddison S.
5. Madison L
9. Jackson G.
1. Ella F
6. Jack F.
7. Jack S.
· Activity fees ($30.00) and tuition is due on Monday
· Children must be at the school at 9 a.m. on field trip days
· Departure from the school on most field trip days is 9:30 a.m.
· We must leave on time and cannot wait as most of our trips required a reservation
· Parents are not allowed to drop off or pick up at the field trip sites per DSS **no exceptions will be made
Beach Bubble Ice Cream truck: classrooms 7-13
· Every Friday beginning June 7th
· June 3rd—Check your child’s cubby for summer items
· June 7th— Summer camp officially begins
· June 28th—Parent folders go home
· School Age Children June Swim Days: Classroom: 13
· June 11th, 13th, 14th, 18th, 20th, 25th, 27th, and 28th
· Preschool June Swim Days: Classrooms 9, 10, and 12
· 7th, 10th, 12, 17th, 19th, 21st, 24th and 26th
· June 11th Swim Lessons Start
· Splash Days for classrooms 7 & 8: Every Tuesday and Thursday beginning June 11th
· Splash Days for classrooms 1 & 2: Every Friday beginning June 7th
From our Educational Team
Congratulations to our graduating Pre-K Class of 2019!!
Let the fun begin!!