A Message from the Principal:
End of the school year, already?… where did the time go? Yes, I’ve been hearing it lately, now is time to plan for our “Celebrations of Learning,” summer camp, vacations, etc. This summer we will have 11 weeks of summer and school will start back right after Labor Day on Tuesday, September 3rd.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our families for their support throughout this school year and to my staff for showing day to day what commitment is and what a GREAT teacher looks like.
As we prepare for our end of the school year “Celebration of Learning” for our Preschool programs, we look forward for new beginnings and new expectations. We wish all of our graduates entering Kindergarten a great summer before they continue their journey in their educational career. Time flies, children grow, but in our hearts they will still be our little ones that steal our hearts all the time.
On this last stretch of our fall schedule please save the following dates:
- Thursday, June 6th – Little Dancers Ballet Recital @4:30pm
- Friday, June 7th – “Celebration of Learning”
- @ 10:00 a.m. – Room 4 – Pre-K2
- @ 12:00 p.m. – Room 5 – Pre-K2
- @ 4:30 p.m. – Rooms 1, 2, 3
- Wednesday, June 10th – Transition to new classrooms
- Friday, June 14th – Donuts with Dad’s @8:30 a.m.
- Friday, June 14th – CBA’s Last Day of Fall Schedule and Picnic at the school @6:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 17th – First Day of Summer Camp!
Summer Camp starts Monday, June 17th! Registration for Summer and Fall are Open and spaces are filling up, reserve your space before is taken! Summer packets will be distributed on or before the first day of camp.
Here are a couple of friendly reminders:
- Please sign your children in when dropping off, and sign them off on your way out when picking them up. Our Sign in/out iPad is located at the front desk. Thank you!
- Please Do Not Park in front of the building. To enforce this law, if you choose to park in front of the building you will be charged a fee, this fee will go straight to our Pennies for Patients Program community project, and the proceeds will go to a noble cause.
- It is always our mission to keep our students safe. Please make sure your child wears closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (no sandals, crocs, or any other form of opened-toed shoes. We try to avoid scratches on their feet or even toe nail injuries due to these types of shoes). Please also make sure that your child has weather appropriate spare of clothes just in case.
- Please apply sunscreen to your children every morning before you drop them off, we will administer you child’s sunscreen in the afternoon. Please make sure to stop by the office to drop off your sunscreen authorization form and the sunblock. Please DO NOT place any sunscreen, lotion, chap-stick, or other sunblock/medication in your child’s cubby. Licensing requires us to keep medications locked at all times. Please complete a Medication Authorization Form CBA acknowledged by the doctor, if medicine needs to be provided to your child (including over the counter medicine).
- Medication needs to be clearly labeled with the child’s full name, and instructions, if over-the-counter, we will need your physician to acknowledge the medication authorization form. We will not give medicine to your child if we do not have the doctors approval.
As always, thank you for partnering with us for the academic growth and overall success of your child.
Ms. Mila, Principal
Ms. Shelly, Administrative Assistant
Summer and Fall Enrollments are OPEN! Call us at 301-924-5919 for more information or you can visit our website to Programs/Camp Section to download our brochures and registration forms.
From Our Education Department
Extra Curriculum Enrichment Programs:
Open Enrollments for ongoing Enrichment Programs
Chesterbrook Academy at Olney offers a variety of optional extra curriculum enrichment programs that your child can participate in throughout the school year and summer camp. These programs are taught by outside instructors who specialize in the activity at hand, and are a great opportunity to allow your child to explore his/her interests without the hassle of having to drive to other locations after a long day of work; you can join in at any time.
- Summer Camp Little Dancers – THURSDAYS ! Ballet Lessons. Engage in the art of dance that tells a story. Children learn to express themselves with music, and other benefits such as improved posture, flexibility, coordination, strength and grace.
- Summer Camp Excite Soccer – FRIDAYS ! Soccer lessons. Students will be encouraged to develop their mental, physical, and social abilities through creative soccer games and other activities taught by highly experienced staff for over thirteen years.
Communication – We invite you to please check your child’s folder or cubby daily for any updates or important information.
EOM – End Of Month Folders go home the last week of every month to share all the fun activities your child did for the month and to share information regarding the upcoming month. Please do not forget to bring the folder back to be refilled for the upcoming month (please return folder empty to the teacher). Thank you!
Cubby Items – Please keep an appropriate extra change of clothes in your child’s cubby at all times including socks. Please, NO toys! (Nap time loves OK!)
Sign in/out – Please sign in/out your children on the iPad tablet up front when dropping them off and picking them up.
To get Chesterbrook Academy attire, please visit us at http://olneycb825.qbstores.com
Hours/Days of Operation: Regular hours of operation are 6:30 am – 6:30 pm weekdays. There is a late pick-up fee of $1 per minute after the regularly scheduled pick-up time. We are closed on the following legal holidays: Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, limited service the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Years Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, we will be closed the Friday before or the Monday after the holiday. Please refer to the school calendar for additional school closings and early dismissals.
Tax Statements: If you need a tax statement, please email Ms. Mila at Mila.Morales@nlcinc.com, and Ms. Shelly at Shelly.Poe@nlcinc.com. This statement will include the total year expenses paid and tax identification number.
Parent Referral: All parents want the very best education possible for their child. If you think your family has that, spread the word and become a Chesterbrook Academy Ambassador!
If there’s one thing parents love to do, it’s talk about their children’s successes. Whatever glowing reports you deliver about how your child is growing with his or her education, we couldn’t be more appreciative. In fact we’d like to show you just how thankful we are for your endorsements. Now when you tell other parents about our school, you can become a Chesterbrook Academy Ambassador.
For every new child you refer who enrolls at our school for six months, you’ll receive an Ambassador Certificate for a FREE week of tuition for your child. It’s our way of saying thanks for doing what comes naturally – singing the praises of your child and sharing your experiences with the Chesterbrook Academy difference.
Weather Alerts: Please read our inclement weather policy. For weather related closures you can:
- Visit our website at olney.chesterbrookacademy.com
- Call the school and listen to the voicemail – 301-924-5919
- Check your email for direct updates
- We do NOT follow the MCPS nor the federal government, a busy tone does not mean we are in the building. Please make sure make sure there is a staff present in the building before entering.
Drop-In Care for School-Age and Full Day students:
If your child is enrolled in our AM/PM Care programs and you need a drop-in day, the fee is $45.00 per child, per day.
If your child is enrolled in our Full Day Preschool Program – Part Time – and you need a drop-in day, the fee is $60.00 per child, per day.
Any family that is not currently enrolled but registered for the school year and need a drop-in care, the fee is $60.00 per child, per day.
Illness Policy – Please review the following symptoms when debating if you should keep your child at home. The following symptoms will prevent your child from attending CBA until 24 hours symptom free:
- 100 degree fever
- Heavy Nasal Discharge
- Constant Cough or Sore Throat
- Unidentifiable Skin Rash
- Head Lice
- Communicable Disease (i.e. strep throat, bronchitis, influenza)
- Pink Eye/Conjunctivitis
If your child displays any of these symptoms while at school we will call you in order to pick them up. If your child displays these symptoms at home please contact us to let us know that your child will not be attending for the day so we can notify their teacher.
Forms if needed
- Emergency Form
- Health Inventory Part I and Part II and Lead Test
- Immunization Certificate
- Medication Authorization Form CBA
Parking Lot Requests
Drive safely in the parking lot PLEASE! And please be sure NOT to park in the fire lane or in front of the building, this is a fire violation and also an obstruction to others and can be very dangerous; the same applies to our handicapped spaces. We would also like to ask that all parents please drive slowly when entering and leaving the lot to avoid hitting other cars, children or parents during drop off and pick up times.
Please enter by the front of the building and exit by the pool side, this will create a nice flow of traffic. If there are parking spaces available, please use them. Thank you! We are also asking that all parents please enter and exit the building through the front door. Please do not use the playground gates. It is important that we are able to monitor parents and children leaving the building as well as remembering to sign your child in and out. On the same note, if you have an infant or a younger child in your care, please Do Not leave them in the car, call us and we will help you. Lastly, we do ask that you please turn off your car when coming into the building. Thank you!
We would like to remind our families that we are a PEANUT AND NUT FREE SCHOOL. We have many children with severe nut allergies. Please make sure to talk to your child’s teachers before bringing any special treats including field trips.
Toys from home are NOT permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day. CBA is NOT responsible for toys that are brought from home that can get lost, broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
SPIRIT OUTWEAR – We offer school apparel, if you are interested in getting some School spirit Gear… log in to our school store at http://olneycb825.qbstores.com
Please remember that the tuition is due the Friday prior to the week of service. Tuition which is not received by Tuesday at noon will automatically have a $25 late charge applied.
Auto Payment: Save yourself time, checks, and late fees by enrolling in our Automatic Payment system (ACH). Tuition fees can be deducted directly from your checking or savings account. Information is available at the front desk.
Vacation and Schedule Requests: Two Weeks Written Notice is required to request your free week vacation after six (6) full months of enrollment (1 vacation week per School Year), and Four Weeks Notice for any schedule changes. Vacation Request Form
Referral Program: How easy is it to receive a free week’s tuition? Just refer a family and after 90 days of enrollment you earn a FREE week! Parent Referral Certificates
Change of Schedules: Per our policy we require four week’s notice to any changes in your child’s schedule, please refer to our Tuition Agreement Policy signed upon enrollment.