The first month of the year is gone already! Parent reports will be going out this month. You can request a parent conference if you would like to discuss your child’s development or get a more thorough understanding of the parent report. Thank you to everyone who was able to participate in our Little Caesar’s Fundraiser. We were able to meet our goal of 50 kits sold!! Thank you for all of your enthusiasm and assistance with this program!!! We will let you know the date of delivery as soon as we get confirmation of the date and we will call you when the orders come in. Orders MUST be picked up on the delivery date we cannot hold any orders here. We do not have space available to keep the items fresh. You will want to make sure that you have time to deliver the orders because you will not be able to store all of the orders.
March is quickly coming upon us. We will be sending out March lunch menus soon. They will be due by Friday, February 14th. Please, make sure to get your orders in on time. It is crucial to the ordering process. If you do not get your menus in on time you will have to pack your child’s lunch.
We are trying to get a return to our soccer program. If you are interested in soccer, please, alert the office so that we can put your name on the list. As soon as we have enough children signed up we will be able to start the program. My Little Yogi has just announced a change in management. They will continue classes through March and will let us know when classes will be able to start up again. They do not intend on having a long gap where classes will not be held. We still have Amazing Athletes and dance. If you are interested in any of our programs or in seeing if any other programs can start.
Koala Relief Effort
Koalas have taken an “extraordinary hit” from the devastation in Australia from the brush fires. They are now at risk of being listed as endangered. We are asking families to join us in supporting Australia by making a small monetary donation to help the World Wildlife Federation. During the week of February 10th, you will see a fundraiser display in our front lobby with red silicone wristbands that read “I HELPED SAVE A KOALA”. We are also asking for donations for a heart-themed bake sale to sell during the week. 100% of the money earned will go straight to the Koala Relief Effort.
Spring Picture Day is coming up. We will be having pictures on Monday, February 24th, Tuesday, February 25th, and Wednesday, February 26th.
Monday, February 24th: Rooms 1, 2, & 3
Tuesday, February 25th: Rooms 4, 5, & 6
Wednesday, February 26th: Rooms 7, 8, & 9 and caps and gowns
This month our Wacky Wednesday theme is Fairytale Day! Everyone is encouraged to dress like their favorite fairytale character.
Chesterbrook Academy will be closed on Monday, February 17th in observance of President’s Day. Our annual scheduled teacher in-service will be held on this day.
Spring Break is coming up soon! There will be no VPK from Friday, March 20th thru Friday, March 27th. VPK wrap-around children and the rest of the age levels will have class as normally scheduled.
As a reminder: All students in our Beginner, Intermediate and Pre-k programs are required to wear uniforms. The uniform consists of a Black Polo with the Chesterbrook Logo and Khaki bottoms. Please see the front desk to order uniforms.
Our school VPK hours are 9:30AM-12:30PM. As a part of the VPK program, the state requires that all VPK students are at school during VPK hours. For more information, please see the front desk.
Class Valentine’s Day Celebrations
Our classes will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on February 14th. Parents are always welcome, but photos will be shared on Links 2 Home as well! Look for sign-up sheets and times in individual classrooms.
We love our parents!
Do you know any parents who have recently moved to the area, are expecting a baby or are unhappy with their current preschool? We value our current parents and would love more families like yours at our school! Refer a new family to our school and your family could receive a free week of tuition. For more information, see Melody or Barbi.
February 3rd- Little Caesar’s Orders due
February 10th-14th-Koala fundraiser and bake sale
February 14th—Classroom Valentine’s Day celebrations
February 17th—Closed for President’s Day- Teacher in-service day
February 19th-Wacky Wednesday- Fairytale Day
February 21st-Parent reports go home
February 24th- Pictures rooms 1-3
February 25th- Pictures rooms 4-6
February 26th- Pictures rooms 7-9
February 28th—Parent folders go home
From Our Education Department
Here are a few reminders and updates to keep us on track for the rest of the school year:
- Contact and Emergency Information: Please remember to update your information at the front desk or online using Alma if there are any changes.
- Lunch Menus: are due on the due date, so that we can order from the catering company. If we don’t have your child’s lunch menu, we can’t order a lunch. Please pack a lunch for your child if you haven’t filled out a lunch menu.
- Tuition: payments are due the 1st of each week. A $25 late fee will be applied to all tuition payments turned in after Monday of each week.
- Late pick-up: fees apply to children picked up after 6:15 pm. There is a fee of $2 per minute after 6:15 pm as stated on your tuition fee schedule agreement.
- Sick Policy: Children may be sent home if they have any concerning symptoms. In addition, a child must be free of all of these symptoms for at least 24 hours before he/she can return to school. These symptoms include:
- A Fever of 100 degrees or more
- Vomiting within the previous 24-hour period
- Diarrhea within the previous 24-hour period
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior and generally not himself/ herself
Following an illness, a child may return to school once he/she has either been seen by a doctor or it has been determined that illness is not contagious. ( A doctor’s clearance may be requested.) Please help us keep all of our children healthy by following these rules.
If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. You can talk with your child’s teacher or any one of us in the front office. Also, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 749-1333. As always my door is always open, please feel free to stop by, email me or call with any questions, concerns or comments. Our goal is to provide each family with a fulfilling educational experience.
- Parent Ambassador Referral Program: Spread the word about Chesterbrook Academy and save on your child’s tuition. Stop by the front Office for more details. Chesterbrook Academy has six locations in South Florida: Coconut Creek, Cooper City, Sunrise, Pembroke Pines, Port St. Lucie and Palm Beach Gardens.
- Our Mission: Chesterbrook Academy- Sunrise provides a safe and warm family environment in a rich academic setting that focuses on fun and creative hands-on learning for each individual student. Our school promotes self-expression, yet maintains a structured program for a great head start in “life”.
To ensure that each child receives the best care possible, it is critical that parents and teachers maintain frequent and accurate communication. Please feel free to call or stop by at any time to see how your child is doing. We always have an open door policy!