Greetings Chesterbrook Academy Families,
The year is off to a great start so far and we’re enjoying spending the winter season with you and your children. This time of year our students spend extra time participating in our SPARK physical fitness program, ensuring that they are able to work on their gross motor skills no matter the weather. We’re having a great time jumping, dancing and playing together!
We also want to extend a heartfelt welcome to the new families that joined us in January and encourage you all to attend our new family coffee on February 7th from 7:30 – 8:30 a.m. Have a wonderful month and Happy Valentine’s Day!
We do not always follow the closure schedule of the local public schools because we don’t have to contend with the same transportation issues as public schools. Our goal is to be open as many days as possible to support our working parents. If we must close because our teachers cannot safely get to work, you will receive a notification via Links 2 Home as soon as the closure is announced. We also post notifications on our website and Facebook page.
As a reminder:
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
- Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 3-5 minutes
- Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
- Sore throat
- Skin rash, including diaper rash
- Head lice
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
* We are a peanut free school.
* If your child is sick, we will adhere to our sick policy.
* Please make sure to check your child’s cubby and/or mailbox for important information.
Our school does not follow the local elementary school schedule as we are open more days each year. For the 2019-2020 school year the days we are closed are:
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- President’s Day
- Independence Day
Links 2 Home App Usage
We know that summer is a busy time for our families, and want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows to you communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read teacher and administrative notes in detail.
If you’re not a current app user, we encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for Alma. Please let us know if you have issues logging into Links 2 Home!
Your Opinion Matters!
Our parent survey is launching soon and we’d appreciate you spending a few minutes to take the survey. You will receive an invitation by email on 10/2. Please let us know if you do not receive it!
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
As always my door is open for anything! Let’s make it a great month!
- February 3: Little Caesars Orders Due
- February 14: Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties
- February 17: Happy President’s Day (SCHOOL CLOSED)
- February 26: Ash Wednesday
- February 28: End of the Month Folders
Links To Learning End of the Month Folders go home: February 28
Monday Morning: Neighborhood Dance At Neighborhood Dance, students experience the complete creative process through dance and musical theater classes in a fun and engaging learning environment. Grounded in the contemporary dance styles of ballet, jazz, modern & tap, students learn the full spectrum of technique and step into the roles of creator and performer as their training progresses
Your child’s ShiningStars class will perform a play for family members as a progress report and way to showcase some of their new skills. Our aim is to encourage children to just do their best — progress not perfection!
Tuesday Morning: GymSport It is never too late to sign up for GymSport classes! We provide an ongoing program with no particular sign up date necessary to join. The cost is minimum and the benefits we provide to your child are priceless. GymSport offers a class for ages 1-6 and also a more advanced class for after-school age children. GymSport’s unique program uses music and interactive play that addresses children’s emotional, cognitive and social needs for all ages. Our program can help to enhance learning and development for both children with and without special needs.
Wednesday Morning: Bach2Rock
- Learning to play music should be fun. It’s called ‘play’ for a reason.
- Students feel motivated by playing with their peers.
- A student’s individual music instruction should be supplemented by jam sessions and playing in a band.
- Like a sports team, a band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem, promotes peer recognition, and leads to lasting friendships.
- Students learn faster playing music they like, whether it’s Rock or Bach. And the technical foundation is the same.
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results and have an exciting, achievable goal.
- Introducing toddlers and very young children to music instruction, rhythm, and motion supports cognitive development, learning, and motor skills.
Thursday Morning: Soccer Shots is a popular non-competitive youth soccer program. This program teaches confidence, fun, character, teamwork, coordination and imagination.
Friday Morning: Tumblebus
Cheerfully decorated, Tumblebus provides a unique and fun way for children to receive the physical fitness that is so important to their development.
Instructors “with a special heart toward children” make the experience memorable as well as educational. Tumblebus programs builds self-esteem in children as they accomplish each physical skill in the lesson plan.
Friday Afternoon: Tennis Time is EXCITING Mobile Classes designed for young kids ages 3-10. All classes are brought direct to daycare and elementary schools and taught by our top notch certified coaches. Coaches use the latest in age appropriate KIDS equipment & technology with special low compression balls, rackets and mini-nets, clubs, pitching nets and is ideal for indoors or outdoors.