Greetings Chesterbrook Academy families,
The year is off to a great start so far and we’re enjoying spending the winter season with you and your children. This time of year our students spend extra time participating in our SPARK physical fitness program, ensuring that they are able to work on their gross motor skills no matter the weather. We’re having a great time jumping, dancing and playing together!
We do not always follow the closure schedule of the local public schools because we don’t have to contend with the same transportation issues as public schools. Our goal is to be open as many days as possible to support our working parents. If we must close because our teachers cannot safely get to work, you will receive a notification via Links 2 Home as soon as the closure is announced. We also post notifications on our website and Facebook page.
As a reminder:
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
- Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 3-5 minutes
- Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
- Sore throat
- Skin rash, including diaper rash
- Head lice
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
* We are a peanut free school.
* If your child is sick, we will adhere to our sick policy.
* Please make sure to check your child’s cubby and/or mailbox for important information.
Our school does not follow the local elementary school schedule as we are open more days each year. For the 2019-2020 school year the days we are closed are:
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- President’s Day
- Independence Day
Links 2 Home App Usage
We know that summer is a busy time for our families, and want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows to you communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read teacher and administrative notes in detail.
If you’re not a current app user, we encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for Alma. Please let us know if you have issues logging into Links 2 Home!
Christina Durish, Principal
Yasmine Newsome, Assistant Principal
- February 3: Little Caesars Orders Due
- February 14: Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties
- February 17: Happy President’s Day (SCHOOL CLOSED)
End of the Month Folders: February 28th