Greetings Chesterbrook Academy Families,
February was a great month at our school! We held several family events and truly appreciate all those who participated. In anticipation of spring, our teachers are busy planning meaningful learning activities that will help students gain an appreciation for the changing seasons. In order to make the most of the next few months we will be spending extra time outdoors so our students can interact with nature. Please make sure your child has weather appropriate outerwear for school each day.
As a reminder:
Our parents are vital partners in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment for the students in our school. The most important thing you can do to assist us in creating a healthy environment is to keep your child home if they are ill. This reduces the spread of illness and allows your child to fully recuperate. Children may not attend school until they have been symptom free for 24 hours if they display any of the following:
- Fever of 100 degrees of more—must be fever free for 24 hours with no fever-reducing medicine before returning to school
- Vomiting, diarrhea or stomach upset
- Heavy nasal discharge requiring wiping every 3-5 minutes
- Persistent, non-productive or barking cough
- Sore throat
- Skin rash, including diaper rash
- Head lice
- Symptoms of a communicable disease
- Fussy, cranky behavior unlike child’s normal demeanor that may indicate illness
For more information please see our Parent Handbook or reach out to a member of our administrative team.
* We are a peanut free school.
* If your child is sick, we will adhere to our sick policy.
* Please make sure to check your child’s cubby and/or mailbox for important information.
Our school does not follow the local elementary school schedule as we are open more days each year. For the 2019-2020 school year the days we are closed are:
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Black Friday
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- President’s Day
- Independence Day
Links 2 Home App Usage
We know that summer is a busy time for our families, and want to communicate school happenings as clearly as possible to ensure that no one is left out. Daily reports are sent via email each day, but our Links 2 Home app keeps all school communications in one place and is always accessible. The app also allows to you communicate absences to your child’s teacher, leave drop-off notes, and read teacher and administrative notes in detail.
If you’re not a current app user, we encourage you to visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the app today. You will need to login with the email address you use for Alma. Please let us know if you have issues logging into Links 2 Home!
Parent Referral Bonus
Do you know anyone that has recently had a baby, relocated to the area, or is seeking a new preschool for their child? We are always happy to meet the friends of our current families, and offer a free week of tuition for any current parent referral that enrolls in our school. See the front desk for details!
Your Opinion Matters!
Our parent survey is launching soon and we’d appreciate you spending a few minutes to take the survey. You will receive an invitation by email on 10/2. Please let us know if you do not receive it!
Love our school? Leave us a review
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about schools for their children. That is why we are asking you to take a few minutes to visit our school profile on Yelp, Google or GreatSchools to share the wonderful experiences you have had with our school. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
As always my door is open for anything! Let’s make it a great month!
- Early Bird Registration March 1-21
- March 6: Dr Seuss Door Contest Begins
- March 4-6: Picture Days
- March 8: Daylight Savings Time
- March 13: Dr Seuss Door Contest Results
- March 17: Happy St Patricks Day
- March 18: WaveofSteam Carseat Cleaning
- March 19: Happy Spring!
- March 21: Open House3/2: “Sleep Book”
Wear Your PJ’S
3/3: “Green Eggs & Ham”
3/4 :“Cat In The Hat”
Wear Red & White with a Hat
3/5: “Wacky Thursday”
Get WACKY-Polka-Dots & Stripes
3/6: “ Fox In Socks”
Wear Crazy/Mismatched Socks
Links To Learning End of the Month Folders go home: March 31
Monday Morning: Neighborhood Dance At Neighborhood Dance, students experience the complete creative process through dance and musical theater classes in a fun and engaging learning environment. Grounded in the contemporary dance styles of ballet, jazz, modern & tap, students learn the full spectrum of technique and step into the roles of creator and performer as their training progresses
Tuesday Morning: GymSport It is never too late to sign up for GymSport classes! We provide an ongoing program with no particular sign up date necessary to join. The cost is minimum and the benefits we provide to your child are priceless. GymSport offers a class for ages 1-6 and also a more advanced class for after-school age children. GymSport’s unique program uses music and interactive play that addresses children’s emotional, cognitive and social needs for all ages. Our program can help to enhance learning and development for both children with and without special needs.
Wednesday Morning: Bach2Rock
- Learning to play music should be fun. It’s called ‘play’ for a reason.
- Students feel motivated by playing with their peers.
- A student’s individual music instruction should be supplemented by jam sessions and playing in a band.
- Like a sports team, a band builds teamwork, develops social skills, fosters self-esteem, promotes peer recognition, and leads to lasting friendships.
- Students learn faster playing music they like, whether it’s Rock or Bach. And the technical foundation is the same.
- Students are motivated to learn when they see early results and have an exciting, achievable goal.
- Introducing toddlers and very young children to music instruction, rhythm, and motion supports cognitive development, learning, and motor skills.
Thursday Morning: Soccer Shots is a popular non-competitive youth soccer program. This program teaches confidence, fun, character, teamwork, coordination and imagination.
Friday Morning: Tumblebus
Cheerfully decorated, Tumblebus provides a unique and fun way for children to receive the physical fitness that is so important to their development.
Instructors “with a special heart toward children” make the experience memorable as well as educational. Tumblebus programs builds self-esteem in children as they accomplish each physical skill in the lesson plan.
Friday Afternoon: Tennis Time is EXCITING Mobile Classes designed for young kids ages 3-10. All classes are brought direct to daycare and elementary schools and taught by our top notch certified coaches. Coaches use the latest in age appropriate KIDS equipment & technology with special low compression balls, rackets and mini-nets, clubs, pitching nets and is ideal for indoors or outdoors.