A Note From Our Principal ,
We hope that you all had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving with loved ones. As the winter holidays approach, we have many special activities planned for our students and look forward to spending the season with them. We’ve also enclosed several important winter and holiday reminders in this newsletter. Please read through it carefully and reach out if you have any questions or concerns. Happy holidays!
School Closure Reminders
As a reminder, we do not always follow the closure schedule of the local public schools. Our goal is to be open as many days as possible to support our working parents. If we must close for any reason, you will receive a notification via Links 2 Home as soon as the closure is announced. We also post notifications on our website.
Winter Clothing Reminder
If you’ve not already done so, please check your child’s cubby to ensure they have an extra set of weather appropriate clothes. Students also need to come to school each day with a jacket and dressed warmly enough to play outside for part of the day. We want everyone to be able to participate!
Our school opens for a half day December 24th for Christmas Eve and is closed on December 25th for Christmas Day and January 1st for New Year’s Day.
Winter Break Camp
We will be holding Winter Break Camp for our elementary school-age Students. The Students will participate in community service activities, STEAM learning opportunities, holiday themed projects and virtual activities. Please let us know by December 14th if your child will be attending.
Classroom Holiday Celebrations
Through the month of December, our classes will be learning about different winter holidays and customs. The Students will be celebrating with story time, crafts, a special holiday movie and a special snack. We will miss having parents attend this year’s holiday celebrations and know that you all will enjoy the holiday crafts that your student brings home!
Holiday Giving Project
December 1st -December 11th – Our school’s Holiday Giving initiative: LowCountry Orphan Relief
We would like to support the children of LowCountry Orphan relief again this year. A list of their immediate needs are:
(NEW) UNDERWEAR & SOCKS:
- Boy’s & Girl’s Underwear: 2t, 3t, 4t, 5t, 6/7, 8/10, 10/12, 14/16
- Boys’s & Girl’s Socks: 2t-adult sizes
- Kids/Teens Toiletries: Body wash, soap, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, loofas, toothpaste, dental floss, toothbrushes, brushes/combs, hair ties/headbands, lotion, q-tips, etc.
- Baby Toiletries: Diapers, wipes, diaper cream/powder, baby shampoo, baby body wash, baby lotion, bibs, baby blankets, pacifiers, etc.
Love Our School? Review Us!
In today’s connected world, many families turn to online reviews to learn more about the reputation of schools. Just a reminder that you can find our school on Facebook, Google, Yelp and other online directories. We’d love more families like yours, so please consider spreading the word about our school.
- December 1st December 11th We’ll be collecting new items for LowCountry Orphan Relief
- December 3rd Winter clothes cubby check!
- December 14th Deadline to sign-up for Winter Break Camp
- December 18th All Classes: Pajama Day and Milk and Chocolate Cookies
- December 18th Holiday Movie for Pre K 1 (morning) & Pre K 2 (afternoon)
- December 21st Holiday Movie for Beginners (room 7)
- December 21st December 31st Winter Break Camp for School-Age students
- December 22nd Holiday Movie for Intermediates (room 9)
- December 22nd Decorate Sugar cookies
- December 23rd Holiday Movie for School agers (room 13)
- December 23rd Holiday Parties and a special visit from Santa’s Elves
- December 23rd Book Exchange: Send in a book gift wrapped for your child to receive from Santa’s Elves
- December 24th HALF DAY Closing at noon for Christmas Eve
- December 25th—CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS DAY
- December 31st—Monthly parent folders go home
- January 1st–CLOSED FOR NEW YEAR’S DAY