PTAC’s collaboration with our school strengthens our community and promotes a love of learning.
Our Parent Teacher Association of Chesterbrook (PTAC) provides a variety of opportunities throughout the year for parents, teachers and students to get to know each other.
The PTAC holds monthly meetings the second Wednesday of each month from 5-7 pm. Childcare is provided. During the meetings we plan events, discuss volunteer opportunities and review the results of our efforts. We welcome all parents and guardians to attend. To learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to any of the board members.
- Provide additional student programs
- Support the parents
- Appreciate the teachers
- Foster a sense of community
- President : Leslie Ramsey
- Vice President : Stacey Quartapella
- Treasurer : Joanna Roemer
- Secretary : Wendy Hailey
- Homeroom Parent Coordinator: Karen Braun
PTAC Sponsored Events:
PTAC continuously collaborates with the teachers and school administration to bring forward both social community events and educational events. A sampling of past events includes:
- Grandparents Day Tea & Bingo
- Halloween Spooktacular! & Fall Festival
- Community Philanthropic / Service Projects
- Winter Concerts and Performances
- Art Show & Author Assembly
- Reading Month – Ronald McDonald Campaign and Assembly
- Pennies for Patients Event for Children’s Cancer Research
- Family Fun Night
- Spring Plays
- Earth Day
Below are just a few of the many fundraising events and activities that PTAC will host during the school year to raise funds. You can find out more information about these events by attending the monthly meeting or asking a PTAC board member.
Family Dining Nights Out
Bring your family out to enjoy a meal with other CBA families. Locations include Applebee’s, Chick-Fil-A and Moe’s. The restaurant will donate a percentage of your order to PTAC.
Basket Raffles at Spooktacular Fall Festival
This is the one of the largest events and fundraiser of the year for PTAC. Each class will select a theme and create a classroom raffle basket. Parents, teachers, and businesses donate items for the raffle and/or silent auction. Raffle prizes in the past included Principal for the day, prime parking at events and discounted after school clubs, and much more! The Silent Auction has featured Eagles tickets, Phillies tickets and YMCA memberships.
Each Box Top coupon is worth 10 cents and they add up fast! Each month PTAC will collect Box Tops and offer prizes for the individual or class that collects the most. Prizes have ranged from a gift card to a classroom party. Learn how to earn cash for our school – www.btfe.com
Giant A+ Rewards
Each shopping trip at Giant using your BONUSCARD will earn CASH for CBA. This is a quick and easy way to support the school with minimal effort by you. Click here for more details: A Plus Rewards
We raise funds, so we can give back!
As a direct result of your support of PTAC, we are able to make purchases to improve the school and support events at the school. In the past PAC has purchased or supported the following:
- A back-to-school gift card for each teacher to purchase additional supplies for their classroom
- Additional iPads for use by the students at CBA
- A library refresh program
- Square foot gardens and plants
- Assemblies for the students
- Dance party, snacks and experiments
How do I become involved with PTAC?
By volunteering just a few hours a month, or even a few hours in a school year, you can make a difference. The volunteers involved in the PTAC are committed to making the best decision possible to benefit our children. Parent support and involvement is the key to our continued success!
There are a number of opportunities throughout the school year for you to volunteer:
- Assembly and event set up and clean up
- Bingo raffle ticket sales
- Bulletin board decorator
- Earth Day Planning
- Box Tops coordinator
- PTAC Board member
If you are interested in learning more, please contact email@example.com or contact a board member.