Updated Thursday 02-27-2020 07:11pm
Intro to Spanish will help the student acquire the fundamentals of pronunciation and grammar,
practical vocabulary, useful phrases and the ability to understand, read, write and speak simple
Spanish. Basic relevant information covered includes: geography, customs, culture of Spain and
Latin America. The class will prepare the student for further language study and should inspire
interest in foreign travel, study and work. The student will learn Spanish in the same manner s/he
learned her/his first language:
1. Listening to the language
2. Repeating the new language
1. The alphabet, the numbers, time, weather.
2. Greetings and salutations.
3. Gender and number-grammatical categories.
5. Subject-verb agreement.
6. The present, future and some past tense.
7. Brief review of possessive, demonstrative, interrogative, and comparative constructions.
8. Home, family and friends- identify and describe.
9. Some occupations and professions.
10. Some food and clothing.
11. Geography of the 20 countries with Spanish as their official language.
12. Common expressions and vocabulary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbaaI4BMa60 (Pocoyo y los numeros, Kindergardern to 2nd grade)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRKoZGaoEM (los colores kindergarden to 2nd grade)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ccQb-YnJ8VqghM6qU9XIw5TCd7vJxL6sy3qjyEGT8s/edit?usp=sharing (numeros) (2nd to 5th grade)