We are ready for summer!! Calendars have been sent out to all of our campers. Please be sure to check calendars and/or website each morning to confirm what your child may need for the day. Don’t forget, permission forms for Pre-K and School Age campers will need to be turned in by Friday, June 12th.
Thank you to all of the parents who were able to attend our Spring Music Show. The children and teachers worked very hard and were excited to put on a show for all of you. Remember, we do not have music class over the summer so you will not need to add the extra $10 music fee to your payment. Ms. Betsy will return in September.
6/5 Pre-K Graduation @ 10:30am
6/15 Summer Camp begins
6/18 Beach Pictures @ 8:30am
6/19 Dancin’ w/ Dad: Toddlers & Beginners @ 3:30 Intermediates & Pre-K @ 4pm
Please be sure to check your child’s cubby periodically to ensure he/she has a weather and size appropriate change of clothes.
It is a state licensing requirement that all parents sign children in/out every day.
Food Policy: we highly discourage parents from allowing children to bring in outside food. We do have children in attendance who are very allergic to certain things, therefore, we want to ensure that we keep them safe. Please discard all food items before entering the building.
Vacation Policy: once you have been enrolled for 6 months you are eligible for a week of vacation, tuition free. Please remember that we need a two week written notice for vacation requests. Vacations must be taken by the week and can not be split between two separate weeks.
25 Books to Enjoy with Your Child
– Recommended Reading Adventures for Summer –
Whatever your child’s age, it is important to continue shared reading experiences even during summer. Reading together frequently has been shown to have a profound positive influence on vocabulary acquisition, speech development and listening skills.
Below are some age-appropriate books to read with your child this summer.
• Welcome Summer by Jill Ackerman & Nancy Davis
• Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Rod Campbell
• Splish, Splash, Baby! by Karen Katz
• Llama Llama Sand and Sun by Anna Dewdney
• Baby Loves Summer! By Karen Katz
TODDLERS (ages 1-2)
• Maisy Grows a Garden by Lucy Cousins
• Monkey Ono by J. C. Phillips
• 1, 2 at the Zoo by Sue DiCicco
• Get Happy by Malachy Doyle & Caroline Uff
• The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen & Dan Hanna
BEGINNERS (ages 2-3)
• Flashlight by Lizi Boyd
• I’m a Shark by Bob Shea
• Little Owl’s Day by Divya Srinivasan
• Biscuit Visits the Big City by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
• Island Counting 1, 2, 3 by Frane Lessac
INTERMEDIATES (ages 3-4)
• Mouses’s First Summer by Lauren Thompson
• Curious George Goes to the Beach by H.A. Rey
• Over in the Ocean by Marianne Berkes
• Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae
• The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don Wood
PRE-K/PRE-K 2 (ages 4-5)
• Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
• How to Hide an Octopus by Ruth Heller
• Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation by Stan and Jan Berenstain
• Froggy Goes to Hawaii by Jonathan London
• P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out by Marilyn Sadler
By experiencing a literacy-rich environment, both at school and at home, our students are prepared to become successful, confident readers in elementary school and beyond.
– Lauren Starnes, PhD- Director of Early Childhood Education