We made it! The end of the school year has arrived, and there is so much to celebrate in all of our programs! We’ve seen our Infants and Toddlers go from crawling to running and from using baby sign to having vocabularies of close to 100 words. The Beginners have learned to count up to 20 and to recognize all of their colors and shapes. Our intelligent Intermediates have conducted all kinds of experiments to learn about the world around them, and I loved hearing about their findings week after week. We’re starting to see lots of new books in Room 10, all because our Pre-K students are starting to read on their own! And we can’t forget Kindergarten – the role models of our school, who are ready to move on from Chesterbrook Academy and conquer the exciting world of elementary school.
I can’t express in words how proud I am to be a part of this school and, more importantly, a part of your children’s lives. It is an extremely rewarding experience to see them learn and grow into very unique and special young people. As we splash into Summer Camp, I just want to give another very big thank you to you – the families – for all of your support of Chesterbrook Academy. I look forward to many wonderful things to come in the 2015-2016 school year, which will be here before you know it!
Click here to download a printable copy of this month’s Lunch & Events Calendars. Hard copies are also available at the front desk. Don’t forget that up-to-date information is also available via our school website at any time. Please check the whiteboard in the front lobby for a heads up when a spirit day is approaching.
Here’s a quick look at the many things to come in June:
– CRAZY HAT DAY – Tuesday, June 2nd – Time to be super silly! Show off your favorite hat or headband to your friends and teachers. We love to see sombreros, top hats, silly hair, and more. Maybe some of our teachers will show off silly side, too!
– CLASS OF 2015 GRADUATION FIELD TRIP – Monday, June 8th – It’s a big week for our Pre-K & Kindergarten students! Both classes will embark on an exciting adventure to Storybook Land in Egg Harbor Township, NJ to celebrate their accomplishments as soon-to-be graduates. The bus will leave promptly at 9am, so don’t be late! Remember to pack a brown bag lunch for your child, and to dress him/her appropriately for a day outdoors.
– PRE-K CLASS OF 2015 GRADUATION – Wednesday, June 10th – Pre-K has come a long way this year, and now it’s time to head off to Kindergarten! Come see the extraordinary skills that they’ve learned this year with Miss Veronica. The graduation begins at 10:30am. Please join us at the conclusion of the event for refreshments. Congratulations, Pre-K!
– KINDERGARTEN CLASS OF 2015 GRADUATION – Thursday, June 12th – It’s time to say goodbye to Chesterbrook Academy. The Kindergarten students will say a fond farewell to their preschool days in a special ceremony hosted by Miss Julie. The graduation begins at 10:30am. Please join us at the conclusion of the event for refreshments. Congratulations, Kindergarten!
– SUMMER TRANSITION WEEK – Week of June 15th – If your child is scheduled to transition into the next level classroom this month, he/she will spend the week of June 15th-19th visiting the new room. As outlined in your transition letter, each child will visit his/her new classroom for increased periods of time as the week goes on, giving him/her exposure to the routine of the class. Please see your child’s new teacher for details on his/her progress.
– PARENT REPORTS DISTRIBUTED – Thursday, June 18th – Spring Parent Reports are here! Check your child’s cubby at pick-up to receive this detailed report on his or her progress in the classroom. As a reminder, you are welcome to contact myself or Miss Shakur if you would like to schedule a conference with your child’s teacher.
– DOUGHNUTS FOR DAD – Friday, June 19th – Dads are delightful! We hope you have a wonderful weekend with your little ones, and the celebration will start off as we end the week with a treat! Grab a delicious doughnut and juice for breakfast-to-go as a special Father’s Day treat from Chesterbrook Academy. Happy Father’s Day!
– FIRST DAY OF SUMMER CAMP – Monday, June 22nd – Time to explore all that summer has to offer! Today is the day that we officially kick of our Summer Camp programs throughout the school. Infants through Intermediates will enjoy special summer-themed activities that follow our traditional preschool format, while our 4-6 year old groups will enjoy active fun and field trips in Junior & Senior Camp. Let the summer fun begin!
As always, please reach out with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support of Chesterbrook Academy of Philadelphia!