From the Principal’s Office
Summer is finally here, well minus the weather. I hope you are all as excited as we are. We have a fun summer planned. As a reminder, if you would like to join us on any field trip please let us know! Watch for weekly reminders with important information regarding our field trips.
If you have not reserved your spot for the 2015/2016 school year, please do that now. We wouldn’t want you or your child(ren) to miss out.
Thank you for being part of the Chesterbrook Family!
Jen Elliott, Principal
June 8th – Senior Camp (Science and Industry)
June 9th – Senior Camp (Park)
June 10th – Senior Camp (Bulls/Sox Academy); Intermediates (Morton Arboretum)
June 11th – Senior Camp (Centennial Beach); Preschool Camp (Water Play)
June 12th – Field Day
June 15th – Slip ‘n Slide
June 16th – Senior Camp (Shedd Aquarium)
June 17th – Senior Camp (Park)
June 18th – Senior Camp (Centennial Beach); Preschool Camp (Water Play)
June 19th – Frog Lady
June 22nd – Bike to School Day
June 23rd – Senior Camp (Coldstone Creamer)
June 24th – Senior Camp (Park)
June 25th – Senior Camp (Centennial Beach); Preschool Camp (Water Play)
June 26th – Ice Cream Truck Visit
June 30th – Senior Camp (Park)
25 Books to Enjoy with Your Child
– Recommended Reading Adventures for Summer –
Whatever your child’s age, it is important to continue shared reading experiences even during summer. Reading together frequently has been shown to have a profound positive influence on vocabulary acquisition, speech development and listening skills.
Below are some age-appropriate books to read with your child this summer.
- Welcome Summer by Jill Ackerman & Nancy Davis
- Dear Zoo: A Lift-the-Flap Book by Rod Campbell
- Splish, Splash, Baby! by Karen Katz
- Llama Llama Sand and Sun by Anna Dewdney
- Baby Loves Summer! By Karen Katz
TODDLERS (ages 1-2)
- Maisy Grows a Garden by Lucy Cousins
- Monkey Ono by J. C. Phillips
- 1, 2 at the Zoo by Sue DiCicco
- Get Happy by Malachy Doyle & Caroline Uff
- The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen & Dan Hanna
BEGINNERS (ages 2-3)
- Flashlight by Lizi Boyd
- I’m a Shark by Bob Shea
- Little Owl’s Day by Divya Srinivasan
- Biscuit Visits the Big City by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- Island Counting 1, 2, 3 by Frane Lessac
INTERMEDIATES (ages 3-4)
- Mouses’s First Summer by Lauren Thompson
- Curious George Goes to the Beach by H.A. Rey
- Over in the Ocean by Marianne Berkes
- Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae
- The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear by Don Wood
PRE-K/PRE-K 2 (ages 4-5)
- Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
- How to Hide an Octopus by Ruth Heller
- Berenstain Bears and Too Much Vacation by Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Froggy Goes to Hawaii by Jonathan London
- P.J. Funnybunny Camps Out by Marilyn Sadler
By experiencing a literacy-rich environment, both at school and at home, our students are prepared to become successful, confident readers in elementary school and beyond.
– Lauren Starnes, PhD- Director of Early Childhood Education
Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School News
Did you know that we had an elementary school in Naperville? The elementary school services Kindergarten-8th Grade. If you are in need of more information or enrolling your child in our elementary school please contact the school at 630-527-0833. You can also visit their website at http://Naperville.ChesterbrookAcademy.com.