Is it really August already? It feels like this summer has come and gone – but man, has it been a good one! It’s not quite over yet, but we are still starting to look back at all the wonderful times we’ve had. On behalf of the entire staff, I do want to take a moment to say thank you for all of your support in making Summer Camp 2015 so great. We know it can be a bit crazy getting used to the summer schedule: What days do I need to dress my child in swimwear? What days do I need to pack a brown bag lunch? What days do I need to arrive by 9am for an activity? Our summer success would not be possible without your assistance in getting your child adequately prepared for each day of excitement, and we thank you for that time. I hope that your child has had as much fun with us as we’ve had with them!
With a new school year right around the corner, please remember to contact myself or Miss Shakur if your child’s schedule will be changing in September. This includes increasing the number of days of attendance and/or changing the days in which he/she attends. Early notice of these changes will help us to ensure accurate counts and proper staffing in each classroom for the fall season.
Click here to download a printable copy of this month’s Lunch & Events Calendars. Hard copies are also available at the front desk. Don’t forget that up-to-date information is also available via our school website at any time. Please check the whiteboard in the front lobby for a heads up when a spirit day is approaching.
Here’s a quick look at the many things to come in August:
– SUMMER OPEN HOUSE – Saturday, August 8th – Spread the word about Chesterbrook Academy to your friends, family, and co-workers! Invite them to our Summer Open House on August 8th from 10am-1pm to learn more about our preschool programs and register for the 2015-2016 school year. If they register their child in our school, you could earn a FREE week of tuition through our Parent Referral Program. See the front desk for more information.
– WACKY WEDNESDAY – Wednesday, August 12th – Summer is the perfect time to show off your silly side! Dress to impress in your best crazy outfit. Mix and match your clothing and wear the brightest colors you can find. Take it to the next level by adding in a crazy hair-do. We can’t wait to see which class will be the craziest of all!
– MAD SCIENCE – Friday, August 14th – Our friends from Mad Science will stop by to show our Intermediates through Camp classes awesome experiments in their Sounds Like Sciencepresentation. The show starts promptly at 10:00am in the indoor playground for all ages.
– PHILADELPHIA ZOO ON WHEELS – Friday, August 21st – Our friends from the Philadelphia Zoo will drop by with some of our favorite furry friends to visit our Infant through Camp classes. The show starts at 10:00am for the Infants & Toddlers, 10:30am for Beginners & Intermediates, and 11:30am for Junior & Senior Camp.
– FALL TRANSITION WEEK – Week of August 24th – If your child is scheduled to transition into the next level classroom this month, he/she will spend the week of August 24th–28thvisiting the new room. As outlined in your transition letter (to be distributed in the second week of August), each child will visit his/her new classroom for increased periods of time as the week goes on, giving him/her exposure to the routine of the class. Please see your child’s new teacher for details on his/her progress.
– THE DENNIS THOMAS MAGIC SHOW – Thursday, August 27th – Our friend, Dennis Thomas the Magician, will return for an exciting summer magic show for our Infant through Camp classes. The show starts promptly at 3:00pm in the indoor playground for all ages.
– FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL – Monday, August 31st – Time to celebrate a new beginning! August 31st marks the first day of our 2015-2016 school year. All of our classrooms will be spruced up to prepare your child for Kindergarten, elementary school, and beyond better than ever before. Take a moment at drop-off to meet your child’s new teachers and hear about all the exciting things we have in store for the school year!
As always, please reach out with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support of Chesterbrook Academy of Philadelphia!