February 2016 * Newsletter
We are delighted to share all we have learned during the month of January. We enjoyed participating in our pretend snow day, and staying warm and safe during our own snow day! We also welcomed many new friends to our Chesterbrook Family and we are having a blast getting to know them. We are all looking forward to the fun festivities we have planned during the month of February.
* Mardi Gras Parade & Valentine’s Class Parties *
We hope you can join us on Friday, February 12th as we celebrate Mardi Gras in the morning with a school-wide parade, and we celebrate Valentine’s Day in the afternoon with classroom
parties at 3:30pm. We will be learning about different holiday traditions and we are excited to
participate in our very own classroom celebrations!
* Fun Things Coming Up In February *
February 1st – Dentist Visit at 10am & 10:30am
February 2nd – Groundhog Day!
February 5th – Date Night, 6:30-9:30pm (small fee applies, sign up at the front desk)
February 12th – Mardi Gras parade (AM) & Valentine’s classroom party (PM)
February 15th – CBA will be closed
February 16-19th – Using our senses
February 22-26th – Community Helpers Week
February 29th – Pajama Day!
* Notes From The Office *
* Priority Re-Registration: As a reminder we offer priority registration for our current families, to guarantee your child’s space for next school year. Please be on the lookout for more information!
* Valentine’s Day Classroom Parties: Please note you will be receiving a class list for your child’s classroom. If you would like to bring in Valentine’s and/or special treats for the party, please do so on Friday, February 12th. Please note all treats need to be peanut and nut free. Thank you!
* Fundraiser: The Little Caesar’s Pizza Kit Fundraiser orders are due by February 1st! We will also be participating in the “Art to Remember” fundraiser where you will have an opportunity to purchase items created with your child’s very own artwork. Orders are due by March 7th!
* Spring Break Camp: Although we have some time, we have started to plan spring break camp! Please note, Fairfax County Public Schools are closed from March 21st-March 25th. We will be offering school age camp during these days, following CBA hours of operation. More information is to come!
* School Closings and Schedule: Chesterbrook Academy will be closed on Monday, February 15th for Staff Professional Development Day. Please make arrangements for alternate care.
If you have any questions or concerns, please speak with administration up front. We look forward to a fun month of February activities.
* The CBA Teaching Staff & Administration Team *