Hello Chesterbrook Families,
It’s hard to believe it is May with the weather we have been having. I thought it was April showers that brought May flowers! It does look like our weather is going to slowly improve by the weekend and into next week so cross your fingers J!
I would first like to send a HUGE thank you to all of our families. Your kindness and generosity during Teacher’s Appreciation Week is above and beyond what we could have hoped for! You have really made this a special celebration for our teachers J! By the way… lunch on Tuesday is now lunch for Wednesday… and probably Thursday as well.
May is yet another super busy month here at Chesterbrook. Here are some of the most important days:
Friday May 6: Mother’s Day Celebrations (please check poster on the front door for your child’s celebration time)
Tuesday May 10: Refer a friend to our Open House from 5-7pm. **If you refer a friend who attends our Open House, you will be entered to win a $40 Shop Rite gift card!**
Tuesday May 10: Summer camp forms and activity-fee payments due
Wednesday May 18: Breakfast-to-Go for Parents
Friday May 20: St. Jude’s Trike-a-Thon- Bring your bike and helmet to school. Please label your child’s bike and helmet. “Parking lots” will be set up on the playgrounds and bikes can be “parked” in the parking lot when you drop off in the morning J.
Thursday May 26: PJ Day
Monday May 30: Memorial Day- School Closed
We would like to send out a few health & safety reminders:
- Children must wear closed toe shoes.
- Please apply sunscreen in the morning and our teachers will re-apply as necessary. If you have not done so, please complete the attached sunscreen form and return it to your child’s teacher along with their sunscreen. (Chesterbrook does not supply sunscreen.)
- Our school is non-smoking. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on school property, including in cars in the CBA parking lot.
- Parents must accompany children directly to their classroom and be sure teachers are aware the child is there. Parents may not watch their child from the lobby or allow their children to walk into school unaccompanied.
- Only parents of Infants are admitted into the Infant classroom. Siblings, other family members, nanny’s, and/or other students (unless in classroom as per Kasey or Superior’s request) are permitted in the Infant classroom.
- Please be sure your child is supervised once picked up from their classroom.
We are excited to begin using our Links to Home program! We previously announced the program will be in use as of May 16th. Due to some technical difficulties with rolling out the program to multiple locations, we will have to push our start date back to May 23rd. We want to be sure the program is used effectively and to its full capacity. Thank you in advance for your understanding. If you have not yet completed the Applicant Information form, please complete the form (see attached).
Attached are the lunch menu and special events calendars for May 2016. As always, please see Kasey or Superior with questions, concerns and compliments J! Have a terrific May!
Kasey, Superior and the Chesterbrook Marlton Staff