The staff of Chesterbrook Academy hopes that everyone is having a fun and safe summer. The children have been very busy learning and playing during summer camp. They had the opportunity to flex their imaginations and make tie dye shirts, learn about healthy eating habits, and learn how to make veggie pizza and fruit smoothies. The fun is not over yet so please check your August camp calendar for to see what is in store for the rest of our 2016 Summer Camp. We also want to remind everyone that if you are planning to use your vacation credit (this credit is earned after 6 months of attendance at Chesterbrook) a two week notice is required.
We have joined forces with Herndon Elementary to make sure that every child gets a good start to the school year. August 8th till August 12th we will be collecting school supplies to give to the less fortunate children that attend Herndon Elementary. This is not a required activity so please do not feel pressured that you have to participate. When you bring a school supply to donate your name will be entered into a drawing for a $25 restaurant gift card. We will be drawing the name on Friday (August 12th) in the afternoon. Some examples of needed items are:
– Glue sticks / glue bottles – Tissues
– Crayons – Tape
– Pencils – Markers
– Rulers – Wide ruled loose leaf paper
– Back packs – Colored pencils
Splash Days will continue until August 26th. Please continue to bring the following items:
– Water shoes (no crocs or flip flops please as these impose a hazard when wet)
– Complete change of outfit (shoes, underwear, top and bottoms)
– Bathing suit already on
– One application of sunscreen prior to arriving
During this month we will be welcoming new staff to our team. Please take time to say hello to:
– Ms. Anjeeta joined our team in the Beginner’s class.
– Ms. Rakhshanda joined our team as a floater.
– Ms. Brenda will be joining our team as co-lead in the Intermediate’s class
Dates to remember:
- August 5th– Wear your favorite sports jersey
- August 8th-12th – please bring in a school supply to donate to Herndon Elementary and enter to win a $25 restaurant gift card.
- August 12th– International food festival picnic at 3:30 (please see information flyer for details).
- August 15th– Wear your summer camp T-shirts today
- August 22nd-26th– Last week for Splash Days.
- August 26th– Dress like a Pirate today and cookie Friday.
- August 29th _ Fall transition for the entire school
- August 31st – Back to school night 6:30- 7:30 pm (for all students from Infant 1 to PK 2)
- September 5th – Chesterbrook Academy is closed for Labor day
Adrienne & Dana
A Note From Our Education Department: