From the Principal’s Office:
Get ready to “fall” into lots of learning and fun this month as we get ready for the sights, sounds, and yummy smells of Autumn at Chesterbrook Academy Preschool!
We encourage you to take a few minutes each month and scroll down to read the reminders, upcoming events, and the articles. We host a variety of events for families to enjoy (Trick or Trunk) and we encourage parent participation at our preschool (Halloween Parade). This newsletter, our weekly highlights, and the flyers at the front desk will help you to be better informed about all the fun filled, family events we are hosting this school year. Also Dr. Lauren Starnes from our education department writes a new article each month to help you support your child’s development with quick suggestions and information.
My favorite books about apples & leaves:
1. Red leaf, yellow leaf by Lois Ehlert
2. Up, Up, Up It’s Apple Picking Time by Jody Fickes Shapiro
3. Why do leaves change color? by Betsy Maestro & Loretta Krupinski
4. Apples by Gail Gibbons
5. Leaf man by Lois Ehlert
Yellow and Brown
Fall the leaves
All over the ground.
Rake them up
In a pile so high,
They almost reach
Up to the sky.
Way up high in the apple tree
Two little apples smiles at me.
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples.
Mmmm- they were good.
Little leaves falling down,
Red and yellow, orange and brown
Whirling, twirling round and round,
Falling softly to the ground
Here is to a “Fabulous Fall” at Chesterbrook Academy!
Our calendar for the 2016-2017 school years is online at: http://centralnaperville.chesterbrookacademy.com.
Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ChesterbrookNapervilleOswego
- Little Caesars Pizza Kits Delivery Day on Monday, October 3rd
- Yankee Candle Sale begins on Monday, October 10th
- Columbus Day is Monday, October 12th
- Fall Portraits are on
Wednesday, October 12th for Infant I & II, Prek, Prek2B, & Prek2A
Thursday, October 13th for Toddler I & II, Beginner I & II, Intermediate A, & Intermediate B
- Yankee Candle Orders are due by Monday, October 24th (orders will be delivered before thanksgiving)
- Halloween Magic Show on Tuesday, October 25th at 11:00am
- Halloween Parties on Monday, October 31st from 2:00pm to 2:30pm
- Halloween Parade on Monday, October 31st at 2:30pm
- Trick or Trunk on Monday, October 31st from 2:45pm to 3:30pm
- Chesterbrook Academy is Closed for Veteran’s Day on Friday, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Dinner at CAES on Friday, November 18th
- Food Drive Begins on Monday, November 21st
- Yankee Candle Orders delivered before Wednesday, November 23rd
- Parent Reports Sent Home on Wednesday, November 23rd
- Chesterbrook Academy is Closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday, November 25th for Thanksgiving Holiday
- Book Fair begins on Monday, November 28th
Please join us on Monday, October 31st for
- Classroom Parties from 2:00pm to 2:30pm
- Halloween Parade at 2:30pm
- Trick or Trunk (parking lot) from 2:45pm to 3:30pm
Chesterbrook Academy Elementary and Preschool invites you to our annual Halloween Family Fun Event. Each year parents decorate the inside of their trunks in creative and exciting ways for our children to enjoy as they “Trick or Trunk” in our school parking lot.
If you would like to decorate your trunk for this Chesterbrook tradition, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Decorate the inside of your trunk or the back of your vehicle
- Arrive ahead of time to be ready at 2:00 pm
- Please note that we will provide you with donated treats.
Please take a moment to review how traffic should flow in our parking lot: Traffic is to enter the parking lot on the Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School side and then follow all the way around the lot and park on the preschool side. Traffic should exit the parking lot on our preschool side. Please make sure to slow down near the cross walk so that you are able to watch for pedestrians crossing from one building to the next and to avoid any accidents or injuries. Heavy traffic times are from 8:30am to 8:45am and 3:35pm to 3:55pm; to avoid these heavy traffic times please arrive to the campus either before or after these arrival and dismissal times.
Become a Chesterbrook Ambassador!
If you refer a family to any Chesterbrook Academy school, you will receive a free week of tuition off of your oldest child’s tuition. There is no limit to the number of families you refer. Note: The referred family must be full-time student and enrolled for 90 days before the free week of tuition can be applied. If the referral is for a part time student you will receive one hundred dollars off your child’s tuition.
Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School
Please take a moment each month to view what is new and exciting at our Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School website at: http://naperville.chesterbrookacademy.com. You can learn more about all the specialty teachers under the Parent tab or enjoy reading the elementary newsletter.