Fall is upon us! Our school year is in full swing! The children are busy exploring their world! One of my favorite things is when children ask questions! I’m sure many of you have had your child ask you questions that you don’t know how to answer. (And if you haven’t…. you will!) Young children are naturally curious and enjoy exploring the world around them. Just the other night, one of my children hit me with, “What’s the difference between the galaxy and the universe? And just what is college all about?”
Parents and teachers can foster children’s natural curiosity in many ways. When a child expresses an interest or poses a question, what can you do? As a family, you can venture to the library. Or maybe it is a good excuse for a family trip. Walks through the park, around a pond, through the apple orchard or pumpkin patch are all ideas of things that can spark curiosity. Fall is a wonderful time of the year to delve into learning- at school and at home.
Talk about what you see/ hear/ smell. You aren’t going to have all the answers, but you can seek them out with your child. It will be fun for you too!
Here are some of our fun things we have planned for the month of October:
- 3rd: World Architecture Day: What can we build
- 4th: Taco Tuesday
- 4th: Kidsight Vision Screening
- 7th: Football Friday
- 10th: Native American Day
- 10th: Columbus Day
- 10th: Fire Prevention Week Begins
- 11th: It’s My Party Day: What kind of party will we have?
- 12th: Yom Kippur
- 14th: World Egg Day
- 17th: Wear something Gaudy Day (Or as we like to call it in the early childhood world- Let your child dress him/her self day.)
- 19th: Fall Door Decorating Contest
- 21st: Reptile Awareness Day
- 25th: World Pasta Day
- 26th: Artist Day
- 27th: Pumpkin Decorating
- 28th: International Bandana Day
- 31st: Annual Costume Parade: Parade Begins Promptly at 10am. Please no weapons or scary costumes.
Have a wonderful month!
- Please be sure to wash your child’s hands upon entry into the classroom. We want to do our best to keep germs at bay!
- Please be sure all schedule changes have been approved by the office.
- Please sign your child in and out each day; the sheets are located in the foyer outside of the office.
- Please do not leave your vehicles running while you are inside the building.