As the saying goes, “A change is gonna come.” Fall is one of my favorite seasons because I love watching the children discover new things happening right before their eyes. They come in and talk about the cool and breezy weather, the new color of the leaves, and the way it’s getting darker at afternoon pick-up each day. From an educator’s perspective, fall is also the season that symbolizes a new beginning, as the school year has kicked off and gone into full swing. The rush of trying to transition into new routines is over, and now we can all settle down and really enjoy all there is to love about being in preschool!
This month, challenge yourself to change in a positive way as a parent and member of the Chesterbrook Academy community. Get to know a teacher that you haven’t had the chance to talk with before. Meet a family from your child’s class at a school event. Provide a comment or suggestion to the teachers and/or myself if you haven’t spoken up previously. The important thing to remember is that change doesn’t have to be overwhelming – it can be exciting and fun! Make your change this month a stepping stone to a more enjoyable Chesterbrook experience. We promise to do the same!
Click here to download a printable copy of this month’s Lunch & Events Calendars. Hard copies are also available at the front desk. Please check the whiteboard in the front lobby for a heads up when a spirit day is approaching. Don’t forget that up-to-date information is also available via our school website at any time.
– BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT 2015 – Thursday, October 1st – Stop by from 6:00-7:30pm for our annual Back to School Night! Come meet the teaching staff of your child’s classroom for the 2015-2016 school year, and hear about all of the exciting things they have in store for the fall and winter seasons. We encourage you to prepare any questions you have about our school, your child’s program, our Links to Learning curriculum, or us – the staff! Don’t go home until you have ALL of the information you need!
– FALL PICTURE DAYS – Thursday, October 8th & Friday, October 9th – Our photographer friends from Lifetouch will be here all morning on October 8th (Beginner B – Kindergarten) and October 9th (Infant A – Beginner A) to take back-to-school photos of our students. Everyone should plan to come dressed to impress! If your child does not normally attend school on his/her class’ designated photo day, feel free to stop by between 8:30am-10:30am for a photo session or plan for a make-up session on the other photo day.
– FLYERS FUN DAY – Monday, October 12th – Hockey season is here, and our Philadelphia Flyers are about to dominate the 2015-2016 season! Not a Flyers fan? That’s okay – you’ll have to show us who it is you root for! Show your spirit for the Flyers or your favorite NHL team by coming dressed in t-shirts, jerseys, hats, and more!
– PRE-K & KINDERGARTEN FALL FIELD TRIP – Wednesday, October 14th – Our Pre-K and Kindergarten classes will venture out to explore the changing colors of fall at beautiful Longwood Gardens! The students will enjoy a special exhibit to learn about the life cycles of plants and have plenty of time to check out the beautiful flowers. More details and a permission slip to come.
– ST. JUDE TRIKE-A-THON – Friday, October 16th – Bring your child’s bike, trike, or scooter for an exciting morning of riding for a cause! Students in Beginners through Kindergarten will learn about bike safety and the importance of helping others in this special fundraising event to benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. More details to come.
– SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY – Tuesday, October 20th – Go Chesterbrook! Show your love for Chesterbrook Academy by wearing green and yellow to school! Go the extra mile by wearing special Chesterbrook Academy gear from our online Spirit Store! Visit the Spirit Store today to make your purchase.
– HALLOWEEN PARADE – Friday, October 30th – Join us at 3:30pm for this Chesterbrook Halloween tradition! The children will march around the building lobby to show off their cool costumes for the big day! Your child will then be ready to go out for a night of trick-or-treating right from school! More details to come.
As always, please reach out with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support of Chesterbrook Academy of Philadelphia!