A Message from the Principal:
Happy New Year! We are kicking off 2016 with our Dr. Seuss Read Across America. Take a look at our January newsletter here to learn more details.
- Read Across America: January 11th- February 26th (Turn in your reading lists to the front desk and help us reach our goal of 1000 books read!)
- Friday, January 15th is National Hat Day! Wear your favorite hat to school.
- Scholastic Book fair: the week of January 25th
- National Puzzle Day: Friday, January 29th. Students will create their own puzzles using a variety of materials.
- Pennies for Patients: We will be partnering again with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to collect loose change to donate to their organization. Please start gathering your change now for our kick-off in February!
Fairfax County Public School Closed:
- Monday, January 18th and Tuesday, January 19th
If you are in need of drop in care for your school aged students either day, please notify the front desk to reserve your spot.
January Article from our Education Department:
The Value of Visual Art Activities for Your Preschooler
Click here to learn more about this month’s education article from Lauren Starnes, PhD – Director of Early Childhood Education.