The mission of Chesterbrook Academy Elementary in West Chester is to create an educational environment that develops 21st century learners through the collaborative efforts of parents, faculty and students. By customizing their academic and social experience, we engage students in authentic learning opportunities designed to foster their ability to become well rounded individuals in school, at home and in their community.
- We believe in developing successful 21st century learners.
- We believe that providing a safe and nurturing environment allows students countless opportunities for risk taking, creativity, independence, and self-expression.
- We believe that each child is a unique individual whose strengths and interests should be nurtured, respected, and encouraged.
- We believe that the collaboration between parent, teacher, and student leads to the development of the whole child.
- We believe that parent involvement helps develop a strong sense of community.
- We believe that education is an ongoing process and we are all lifelong learners.
- We believe in customizing instruction to reach all students’ learning styles and abilities.
- We believe that building positive character traits will help students become successful citizens in the home, school, and community.
- We believe that students should be provided with authentic, integrated learning opportunities across all areas of the curriculum.
- We believe that involving students in leadership and community service projects helps build strong global awareness.
From the Head of School
Dear Future CBA Family,
Thank you for your interest in Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School in West Chester. We are honored and thrilled to have the opportunity for your family to join our community. I would like to take a moment to share some important information about our school.
Since 1998, our school has been dedicated to providing personalized academic instruction while emphasizing essential 21st-century skills such as communication, creativity, and collaboration. Our primary goal is to educate students while introducing them to skills and experiences that will equip them for success in the present and future.
Our exceptional teachers create engaging learning opportunities that foster problem-solving, critical thinking, and project-based learning. These experiences are enriched with a culturally diverse curriculum. When planning lessons, our teachers carefully consider each child’s learning style, interests, and motivators. In our dynamic and flexible classroom environment, the teaching and learning process is ever-changing. On any given day, students may engage in lively debates about real-world events, collaborate on group projects, or participate in one-on-one conferences with their teachers.
We also recognize the importance of a comprehensive STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) education in preparing students for the global economy. Starting in pre-kindergarten, our students are immersed in STEM education through challenging and enjoyable projects that encourage collaboration, decision-making, and innovation. To enhance this educational experience, we have implemented a 1-to-1 iPad program, providing each Kindergarten through fifth-grade student with their own iPad for interactive engagement with content and easy access to information. In recognition of our innovative use of technology in education, we were honored as an Apple Distinguished School in 2018. This distinction places us among an elite group recognized for transforming learning through technology.
We strongly believe that students thrive when parents are actively involved in their education. To foster a strong partnership between school and home, our vibrant parent committee organizes numerous family-centered events, supports our teachers, and contributes to our school community.
At Chesterbrook Academy, your child will BE SAFE, BE RESPECTFUL, BE THEIR BEST, and most importantly, BE A CBA LION!
I am eagerly looking forward to meeting with you to gain a better understanding of your child’s educational needs and discuss how we can collaborate to meet them. In the meantime, I encourage you to follow us on Twitter (www.twitter.com/cbawestchester), Facebook, and Instagram to catch a glimpse of the exciting activities taking place at our school.
Thank you once again for considering Chesterbrook Academy Elementary School. We are excited about the opportunity to welcome your family to our exceptional learning community.
Joe Rodia, Head of School