Updated Monday 11-16-2020 05:14pm
Language Arts Focus Areas for the Week of 11/16: contractions, proper nouns, types of sentences: exclamatory/imperative/declarative/interrogative
Math Focus Areas for the Week of 11/16: addition within 100 using strategies: adding on a hundreds chart
Social Studies Focus Areas for the Week of 11/16: quick and slow changes to land, earthquake simulation experiment, research for a natural disaster
Please play First in Math 3x a week for 15 minutes. Students are able to play in K-2 world at this time. The Just The Facts section will be completed at school only until further notice!
Helpful Reading & Writing Links:
- Starfall – OUTSTANDING WEBSITE! Where children have fun learning to read
- read*write*think – An incredible collection of online Student Materials to support literacy learning in the K-12 classroom.
- Funschool Language Arts – Fantastic website with many language arts games.
- Gamequarium Language Arts – The site that swims with learning fun.
- Grammar Blast – Have a blast with grammar!
- Internet 4 Classrooms: Language Arts – Hundreds of links to 2nd Grade language arts websites.
- Sadlier Phonics – Use your knowledge of letters, sounds, and words as you try out these games and activities.
- Earobics: Game Goo – Fun educational games that help develop early reading skills.
- Archademic Skill Builders – Awesome math games for basic math facts. Compete against other students online!
- CoolMath4Kids.com – Tons of great math games covering many math topics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, and decimals.
- Funschool Math – Another fantastic site with tons of math games for all grade levels.
- Count Us In – Games designed to help children understand basic number concepts.
- Math Fact Cafe – Free printable math worksheets for elementary school and home use. This includes generators for math drills, flashcards, time, and money!
- Gamequarium Math – Links to over a thousand math games covering just about every math concept.
- Sadlier-Oxford Mathematics – Great math tutorials and activities specific for 2nd grade.