A Message From the Principal:
My name is Natalie Williams and I am the principal here at Chesterbrook Academy Cooper City. I welcome you to visit us during our Open House Saturday March 21, 2015. During Open House you will have an opportunity to tour our facility, learn about our accreditated curriculum, skill enriched programs, and so much more. As we approach Open Registration this is the perfect time to visit us so r.s.v.p to one of our upcoming events or join us for Open House this month!
We are currently accepting VPK certificates for Summer VPK and School Year 2015-2016. As a reminder VPK registration opened in January of this year, so it is very important for you to log onto the website www.familycentral.org and obtain your certificate today. If you or someone you know missed the opportunity to participate in VPK this school year and your child will be going to Kindergarten in August of 2015. You can still take advantage of Florida VPK by signing up for Summer VPK at our school. Don’t delay, give us a call today!
During the month of March our academy will enjoy a week of Sports, play, active recreation for kids (SPARK) and wellness. This week will include yoga for all children, all natural organic snack choices, and physical activities for all ages to encourage and build self-esteem and gross motor skills.
Calendar of Events
- February 23rd – March 6th: Lucky US. Lucky YOU. Re-register for School! 50% off registration!
- March 2nd: Dr. Seuss inspired AM snack Green Eggs & Pancakes!
- March 3rd: Join us for our Re-registration event. As we celebrate Read Across America Story Time. Featured Book: “Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are,” – By Dr. Suess
- March 6th: Suessical Day with Storytime/Activities/Kona Ice Treat
- March 10th-11th: Spring Pictures
- March 16th-20th: Wellness Week: Yoga/Healthy Snacks/ S.P.A.R.K
- March 17th: Wear Green Day: Book Crawl
- March 19th – March 27th: Spring Break NO VPK
- March 21st: Open House 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m
Lucky Us. Lucky You. Register for School!
March 3, 2015 ALL DAY
Join us as we partner with Read Across America and celebrate storytime with a special reading and a day filled with activities!
Links to Learning connects you to what your child is discovering through ParentShare. We are excited to announce that beginning this month our teachers will have a new way to email you with photos of your child’s busy and fun day at school.
The email program, called ParentShare, has been designed for teachers as a secure adn simple way to share classroom photos, messages and updates using several ipPods that our school has been issued.
The photos and messages will come right to your email inbox addressed from the lead teacher of your child’s classroom or from the Principal!
Complimentary Yoga Classes for all ages
When children learn techniques for self-health, relaxation, and inner fulfillment, they can navigate life’s challenges with a ease. Yoga on the preschool level encourages self-esteem and body awareness with a physical activity that’s noncompetitive. Fostering cooperation and compassion—instead of opposition—is a great gift to give our children. So purchase a yoga kit and enjoy complimentary yoga classes every Monday.
Musical Wednesdays – ALL AGES
Every Wednesday the children are introduced to the instrument of the month, where Miss Alex incorporates song, dance, instrument history, and arts & crafts into her Music lesson plans.
Fun & Fit 4 Kidz will be providing tumbling and gymnastics class for our children on a weekly basis.
All Natural All Organic Lunch Program
Yummy In My Tummy offers fresh, wholesome, and nutritious food that provides a healthy start, tastes great and is made to order. The children are offered organic and natural ingredients with “hidden”puree of fruits and vegetables. School lunches should be HEALTHY & YUMMY!
The purpose of our sick policy is to reduce the spread of illness among children and to encourage full recuperation of sick children before they return to school. We depend on parents to assist us in maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our children.
We are Peanut/Nut FREE
Please remember that due to the large number of students with peanut allergies, we are asking your help to keep the school peanut free.
Students 3 to 5 year old are required to wear UNIFORM SHIRTS:
- Uniform Shirts – Navy Polo Shirt w/ School Logo
- Khaki Shorts, Pants, Skorts, or Skirts
- Closed-Toed Shoes and Socks
Order your school uniforms online at http://hollywoodcb233.qbstores.com
- Tuition is due on the 5th of every month to avoid a late fee.
- Label all of your child’s belongings!
- Please remember to sign-in & out daily at the front desk.
- We close promptly at 6:15pm. Per licensing and company policy we are not permitted to care for children beyond 6:15pm. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to closing. Staff members are expected to clock out at 6:15pm. We understand that from time to time there may be an emergency or traffic, etc… If that is the case, please call us and an administrator will stay with your child until you arrive.
- As a precaution, all classrooms have a posted allergy list. Please take a moment to check with the teacher to make sure she has accurate information on your child if he/she has allergies, special needs or religious exception.
A Powerful Connection to a Lifetime of Learning
Your children experience the perfect balance of learning and play in a safe, nurturing environment. Our Links to Learning (LTL) curriculum prepares them for kindergarten by introducing concepts in reading, math, art, music and much more. You will receive progress updates, as well as ideas to continue the learning at home.
As a reminder, we encourage you to take a few moments each week to review your child’s classroom Links to Learning “Parent Board”. This is one way you can”Link” to your child’s early education. Posted are “Weekly Skills”, “Lesson Plan”, “Daily Schedule”, “Spanish for the Month”, and the daily “This is What We Learned Today!”
Parent folders go home the last Friday of every month! Please review the contents and return your child’s folder for the following month. We hope you enjoy linking to what your child is learning in school! Our Links to Learning curriculum provides the foundation for Florida documented kindergarten standards