Note from the Principal
We are so excited to be starting off another school year here at Chesterbrook Academy at Great Falls Plaza! We want to thank everyone for such a fun and exciting summer. Throughout the month of September, we will be focusing on learning about our students, their families and developing new friendships in our classrooms. We will also have our fall book fair and our fall pictures throughout the month.
We invite our parents to join us on September 13th from 7 pm to 8 pm for a Curriculum Night. This night will give you the opportunity to formally meet your child’s new teacher, look at classrooms that your child will be transitioning to in the near future, and ask their teachers any questions you may have. All of our Lead Teachers will be in attendance and will be going over the upcoming year.
We look forward to a wonderful month and hope everyone enjoys the events that we have planned.
Weekly Themes for September
- Week 1 8/29 – 9/2: “Welcome To School”
- Week 2 9/5 – 9/9: “All About Me, My Family Tree”
- Week 3 9/12 – 9/16: “Friendships and Feelings”
- Week 4 9/19 – 9/23: “Where I Live”
- Week 5 9/26 – 9/30: “When I Grow Up”
- September 5th-Closed in observance of Labor Day
- September 8th-Family Tree Art Display
- September 9th-Breakfast to Go for Parents: 6:30 am to 10 am
- September 12th-16th-Scholastic Book Fair
- September 13th-Curriculum Night: 7 pm-8 pm
- September 20th-22nd-Lifetouch Picture Days
- September 28th-Spirit Day: “When I Grow Up”
- September 30th-Parents’ Night Out: 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Monthly Safety Reminder
Please remember to sign your child in and out every day at drop off and pick up. The sign in/out binder is located at the front desk. Please see us with any questions you may have.
Parent Communication Center
The parent communication center is located in our front lobby. The communication center contains the following:
- Vacation Credit Request Forms – Please remember that vacation credits run July 1st to July 1st not on calendar year
- Receipt & Statement book
- Alternative Pick Up Binder
- Extra Lunch & Snack Menus
- Daily postings of important events and due dates
- Food Policy
As a reminder, it is a school policy that food from home is not allowed in the building for our Toddlers and up. It is to hard to monitor all the different types of food that can be brought in and we do have some severe allergies in our building. All children Beginners and up must eat breakfast at home before coming to school, please refrain from sending muffins, Dunkin Donuts, cereal, sandwiches, etc. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to come and speak with someone at the front desk.
Please remember that tuition is due every Friday for the upcoming week and that it is late at noon on Monday. All tuition turned in after noon on Monday will receive a $25.00 late payment fee. If you have any questions, please feel free to stop by the front desk.
Late Pick Up Policy
Please remember that our hours of operation are 6:30am to 6:30pm. As a reminder our late pick up fee is $1 per minute starting at 6:31pm. Please be sure to pick up on time and if you do plan to be late, we ask that you please call to give us a heads up.
Toys from home are not permitted at school. Please refrain from allowing your child to bring in toys from home, unless it is their scheduled show and share day or a stuffed animal for nap time. Toys from home can get lost, be broken, stolen, etc… and can cause fighting among the children.
From Chesterbrook Elementary
Our elementary school is a unique private school community. We provide a superior education today and a foundation for continued academic success tomorrow. We partner closely with parents to create the best understanding of each child’s strengths and opportunities. We offer personalized attention to students, without the high tuition rates you would expect for a private school of this caliber. Please contact me directly with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-404-0202
From the Education Department